cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to RMA my STRIX GTX 1070 ti?

REAVER781
Level 7
Hello All,

So here's the run down.... Full System Specs in my profile, but ill include the need to know....
RYZEN 2700x
Crosshair VI Hero
!6 gigs of Trident Z (B-Die) @ 3200MHz
ROG-STRIX-GTX1070TI-A8G-GAMING
Corsair HX1000 (Non I version)

I got a Strix 1070ti from newegg when it went on sale for black friday, November 19th.
Fresh install of windows 10 when I installed the card.
When I'm not using the PC I put it into power saver profile and the card into silent mode (GPU Tweek).
Sunday, December 29th I move the mouse, screen turns on, and I'm presented with nasty artifacts, changing the profile in GPU tweek to OC or Gaming does not clear it up.
I'm no noob to PC hardware, so here's my troubleshooting steps.
I run DVI to a VG278HE, swapped to HDMI, same issue. Ran the HDMI to a LCD TV, issue remains.
Installed a fresh copy of windows, no artifacts until..... I install Nvidia drivers.

So, fine, maybe the mobo is fubard, I dig out my old PC. AMD 8350, Crosshair V Formula Z. Slap the card in there. Installed windows, then Nvidia drivers. Same results. No artifacts until I install the Nvidia drivers.

So it's pretty difficult to read ANY on screen text, FYI. I went poking around in GPU Tweek, I checked the user defined settings, it was showing this ridiculous curve. photo attached. This curve I Did NOT Set.

I feel this may have something to do with the artifacts, thinking bios was corrupted for some reason, I installed GPU-Z, checked the bios version, downloaded the same bios from techpowerup and reflashed the bios. I know this custom curve in GPU Tweak isn't because of GPU Tweak, as the issue is present on a fresh install of windows/drivers without GPU Tweak.

What else can I do to try to fix this. The PC is pretty much useless right now. I plan I picking up a Crosshair VII on Jan 11th, I know it's not going to fix the issue, but now I'm wondering if the Crosshair VI may be the reasoning for the card's issues. I got the Crosshair VI April 6th 2017, thinking since it's 1st revision (with latest bios btw) it may be the cause.?.?.?.?... Any thoughts? or is this an outright RMA?
1 REPLY 1

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
TEST the card on another computer and check. it that is present RMA if it still on warranty.
Learn, Play Enjoy!