cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen when using AI overclock MAXIMUS XI Hero

86kotek
Level 7
So im having this issue when using AI overclock and i will get blue screen and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Although i can do manual OC up to 4.8GHz and its stable but i was just wondering why AI wouldnt dial it down and after blue screen it still tries to push 5.2GHz
My rig:
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
Intel Core i5 9600K Unlocked
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 on XMP 2 profile
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 STRIX OC 8GB
500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD
650W - Corsair CS650M 80+ Gold
Hyper 212 EVO with Arctic Silver paste

Temps will stay around 63 celcius when benching in Cinebench with AI@5.2GHz and around 60 with my manual 4.8GHz which consists of loading XMP2 and OCing memory to 3466 and locking ratio at x48 and 1.35V

I really hoped for AI to show what it got but no luck with it. Even when i dial down my cooler score to 125 i will get blue screen with AI.
I reinstalled windows just for this purpose, flashed lates BIOS as well
Any input will be very helpful 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

x-rated
Level 8
i would suggest you not to using ai oc, manual tuning could be much more reliable 🙂

x-rated wrote:
i would suggest you not to using ai oc, manual tuning could be much more reliable 🙂

I guess i will just have to learn how to do it properly 🙂 i beat 5ghz but sometimes system is not stable, i was only wondering why all videos i watched had flawless AI OC and mine didnt.

x-rated
Level 8
you can start with these settings https://imgur.com/a/OVPVIhT, but first dont care about memory (dont use XMP, dont touch memory timings, DIMM, IO and SA voltages)

mdzcpa
Level 12
I've seen quite a few folks have good success with the AI OC. It usually puts up a conservative overclock. Manually you can usually do better. Here you have the opposite happening.

What might be happening is that AI OC thinks your chip is sound for a 5.2Ghz and that there might be something else throwing off the BSOD. Do you know if your memory is on the QVL for the Hero XI? What you might try is running the AI OC again but then dialing your ram back to 3200mhz or 3000mhz and just see what happens. When memory is on the edge of stability a strenuous overclock on the CPU can cause the IMC on the chip to flake out. Your CPU cores might be handling the 5.2 just fine while memory craps out. Just a thought.