cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes no signal with PG27VQ / Maximus VIII Hero

cbn0wl
Level 7
Hey all, happy new year!

I got a little problem with my PG27VQ - i think its because of the screen.

Some informations:
Screen: Asus PG27VQ
Mainboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
GPU: KFA2 GTX 980 TI

I sometimes get the problem, that there is "no signal" aynmore - with my old screen (connected with DVI) all worked fine for about 2,5 years.
As i connected the screen the first time, there was no signal (tried DP and HDMI) and i noticed, that the VGA-LED is shining and QCode was AO. Then i connected it directly to my mainboard - same issue.
After some restarts of my system i finally got a signal and it worked for about 2 weeks without an issue. Then the same thing happened again. I did a CMOS-reset but didnt worked and after some restarts it worked again and i did a Bios-Update to newest version.

Then it occured a 3rd time (after a week of working), this time with shining VGA-LED and QCode d6 and i noticed, that only 1 of 3 fans of my GPU was spinning.

What i tried after the third time:
- Powerdrain
- Reseat everything (GPU cables etc. )
- Tested other cables
- Other power supply ports (modular PSU)
- Unplugged all USB-devices

Nothing helped but after some restarts it worked again.

I dont really think that the GPU is the issue because it worked really fine for 2,5 years and just happened first time with the new screen. I also can use the GPU with 100% workload for many hours without a problem. I dont have the old screen anymore to test 😕

Do you have any idea what it could be? 😄
What does d6 exactly mean? No GPU detected or no output (screen) detected?
Thank you for reading and help!

Greetings,

Cbn0wl
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
It could be an issue with the display or cable. I had a similar problem recently with my BenQ monitor. I thought my system was broken but when I tried to connect another device and cable the monitor still said no signal. After disconnecting power from the monitor and replugging the display cable a few times it finally came back. So I think my monitor might be dying.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
It could be an issue with the display or cable. I had a similar problem recently with my BenQ monitor. I thought my system was broken but when I tried to connect another device and cable the monitor still said no signal. After disconnecting power from the monitor and replugging the display cable a few times it finally came back. So I think my monitor might be dying.

Hello xeromist, thanks for your response!
I had the same thoughts that my PC is the issue and got broken, but i really dont think so.
Hopefully i can fix it because i really love em and no pixel issue and big clouding 😄

Btw i found another post wich issue is simular to mine:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87681-Rampage-V-Edition-10-No-Video-output-and-bios-error-...

I will try to get an other DP-cable hopefully this can fix it.

You maybe know if d6 can be triggered with no video out (no monitor/cable) and what code you can get with a defective GPU? Dont have my manual right now and it kinda hard to find the QCodes 😄

Thanks and have a nice week!

xeromist
Unfortunately no, I'm not really familiar with what triggers which codes. Hopefully you can find the information.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…