cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus hero x and xmp issue at boot

Iobling
Level 7
Hi everyone, I've just tested the latest bios (1801) but I still have the same annoying issue.

Basically everytime I start the pc after disconnecting it from the power (both by turning off the ups or the psu from the physical switch), the system turn on for a couple of seconds, then turn off and the back on for good. If I turn off the pc without disconneting it from the power there's no issue whatsoever.

After today testing i think the cause is the xmp profile. What made me think this is the fact that after activating the xmp profile, the system reboot for activating it and did this double-reboot. After that it does it evrytime i reboot after disconnecting the power.

Someone with the same issue has a solution?

When i first bought the motherboard i didn't have this issue, but some random freeze that can be solved only by rebooting the pc from the physical switch; with all the later bios i didn't have any freeze but this double-reboot appeared.

Unfortunatly i don't recall the bios version installed at the beginning but i purchased the mobo a year ago therefore it should be someting realeased before last christmas.

Ram is gskill trident z rgb 3600 2*8GB
1 REPLY 1

NemesisChild
Level 12
Welcome to the forum!

This is completely normal behavior after cutting off power to the mobo. It has to do mostly with memory training and not the bios version.

If I recall, there should be an option in the bios to disable memory training.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601