cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq firmware

Specfox
Level 7
So where is the firmware which was supposed to come by the end of 2018?
27 REPLIES 27

bubulus
Level 7
Specfox wrote:
So where is the firmware which was supposed to come by the end of 2018?

wondering the same. atm i am writing with asus germany and the support is ridiculous. they wanted to send them a foto. i gave them one. then they wanted a foto from the problem i have. i said to them that the problem is officially known by asus.(144hz oc dark gamma) . so i send them the link of the official statement. no, they need a foto... then they dont want to update my monitor they just want to send me another one if i can show them a foto of my problem. i told them i just want a firmware update and my monitor back. waiting now again 10 days for an answer. rly asus get your **** done.if your support is so bad plz give us that tool to update the firmware ourself. the official statement from june 2018 (updated 13.11.2018) said tool comes "later this year".

😞

KOT0005
Level 7
Yes, where is this firmware ??

KOT0005 wrote:
Yes, where is this firmware ??

i think they dont even look at their forums. thats a shame for a 2500 euro monitor 😞

bubulus wrote:
i think they dont even look at their forums. thats a shame for a 2500 euro monitor 😞

This is a user forum sponsored by ASUS. Only a few actual ASUS employees frequent here and then only sporadically. Raja is the only one Ive noted on lately but then he said he has to go off to Taiwan I believe so his presence may diminish. Pretty much all the mods and Admins even do not work for ASUS. We try to help each other out where we can and most of the time thats sufficient. If you are having genuine issues I would suggest going to the online support page and logging a ticket. Phone calls are not recommended, better to have an Epaper trail. If its about updating firmware just for the sake of updating I would just leave it be. Don't fix what isn't broken.

AFIK firmware updates on monitors is not a user task, the monitors have to be sent in which I'm not fond of doing myself. Too many horror stories of them coming back banged up or in worse operating condition than they were before they were sent in. Should you send it in get packaging other than OEM as the OEM packaing wont come back and only send whats needed. Monitor, Power brick done.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
This is a user forum sponsored by ASUS. Only a few actual ASUS employees frequent here and then only sporadically. Raja is the only one Ive noted on lately but then he said he has to go off to Taiwan I believe so his presence may diminish. Pretty much all the mods and Admins even do not work for ASUS. We try to help each other out where we can and most of the time thats sufficient. If you are having genuine issues I would suggest going to the online support page and logging a ticket. Phone calls are not recommended, better to have an Epaper trail. If its about updating firmware just for the sake of updating I would just leave it be. Don't fix what isn't broken.

AFIK firmware updates on monitors is not a user task, the monitors have to be sent in which I'm not fond of doing myself. Too many horror stories of them coming back banged up or in worse operating condition than they were before they were sent in. Should you send it in get packaging other than OEM as the OEM packaing wont come back and only send whats needed. Monitor, Power brick done.

"Or you can wait until later this year when a downloadable utility tool will be available to update your monitor’s firmware yourself."

Source: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1036750

Getting really pissed off. At least tell us that you need another 2-3 months rather than leave us hanging AFTER the missed deadline.

Okay I made the update, thanks!!!

ELIESEH
Level 11
JJ talked about the PG35VQ like someone is taking about a microLED monitor.
Take it easy JJ, this monitor is in danger due to ghosting and response time, we will see in testing.

mastering3d
Level 7
Yep same here Still waiting ,£2200 Pounds for a monitor thats not even fully working .I also spoke with support and was told the same thing send in a photo , Must all be working of a scripted list of what to say to people. Problem is they sold us a broken monitor ,The monitor can use 144hz yes but very dark so its broken ,This should of been addressed by now .

KOT0005
Level 7
Common Asus, when is this Firmware coming ?