cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of an Asus mobo but have question about the best CPU ...

McR
Level 7
After reading several i7-9700k reviews of which a couple suggested that this cpu stutters, I need to know if this is true?
So is anyone using this CPU?
If so which Asus mobo are you using?
And which O/S are you using?

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

feedmeink
Level 12
I do not have this cpu, but I constantly read up on new tech. This cpu does not support hyper threading. Some have said the stuttering stops when you disable hyper threading in bios. Some mobos automatically enable it. If I were you, I would hold off and save for a 9900k. It's not a large price difference and you will get higher clocks and hyper threading. Just my opinion

panzlock
Level 12
According to this: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3847200/9700k-100-cpu-games.html it may in fact be an issue with the 9700K. I'd keep digging until I found the treasure before committing to this marriage.

9900K is the better option, anyway. I'd dump the girlfriend for the hotter sister.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

I read that article too. You gotta be careful when reading that stuff. Half the time people have other issues going on unrelated to the cpu. I think they have a different issue. The only viable info I could find was related to hyper threading. Someone switched it off in bios and everything ran good (which makes sense since it doesn't utilize it)

Retired
Not applicable
panzlock wrote:
i'd dump the girlfriend for the hotter sister.

I lauged out loud 😄

panzlock
Level 12
Good point.

I did thorough research on my i7-6700K and R7 1700 before purchasing, as well. Issues were minor and the personal faults I discovered were caused by factory MB setup. For example there was no need for the 6700K to turbo at 4.2 Ghz whilst siphoning 1.42V. BIOS tweak fixed that. The 1700 had more issues. BIOS updates fixed THAT!
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.