ROG Member Array

ROG STRIX 1080TI connector priority order?

Hi all,
    My primary display is a BenQ 120Hz monitor connected to the 1080Ti through the DVI-D port.
    I've recently bought a Samsung TV and connect it to the gpu through one of the HDMI ports.
    I keep the TV disabled in Nvidia Control Panel most of the time, and only enable it to use as an extended secondary display whenever I want to watch movies.
    The annoying issue is that it doesn't matter if the TV is disabled in NVCP or not, as long as it is still physically connected to gpu, the POST screen will always be displayed only on the TV. My monitor only gets visual signal once the PC has booted to Windows (log on screen). If i dont want to miss the information of the POST screen i will have to keep my TV turned on and turn my head to look at it. Oh and if i want to adjust any setting in the bios, i will have to use the TV.
    So I wonder what the connector priority order on my Strix 1080Ti O11G is and how I can change it. My mobo is Strix Z370-E.
    Last edited by Yoongbo; 01-04-2019 at 10:27 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array XYchromosone PC Specs
    XYchromosone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximux XI Extreme [BIOS 1602]
    Processori9 9900KS
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB CL17 3600MHz 32GB [4x8]
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix Gaming GTX 1080Ti 11GB
    MonitorAOC AGON AG271QG 27" 144Hz [165Hz OC]
    Storage #12 X Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD [DIMM.2_1+ DIMM.2_2]
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500GB SATA 3
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360 Premium AIO
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard RAZER Blackwidow X Tournament Chroma
    Mouse RAZER Lancehead [ambidextrous] Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser RS165 Wireless
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser CX 100 inner ear headphones
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 + Ubuntu Studio 20.04
    Network RouterASUS DSL-AC68U

in the nvidia control panel go to Display>setup multiple displays and choose your pc monitor as the default monitor. If your display is not chosen make sure it is plugged click "My display is not shown".
    btw find out what your benq display port type is if it is 1.3 or 1.4 because there is a firmware update tool for nvidia cards to upgrade them to properly work with the 2 new versions :
    https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html
    Last edited by XYchromosone; 01-04-2019 at 11:42 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by XYchromosone View Post
    in the nvidia control panel go to Display>setup multiple displays and choose your pc monitor as the default monitor. If your display is not chosen make sure it is plugged click "My display is not shown".
    btw find out what your benq display port type is if it is 1.3 or 1.4 because there is a firmware update tool for nvidia cards to upgrade them to properly work with the 2 new versions :
    https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html
    You might have misread my post because like I said my I'm using the DVI-D(ual Link) on my BenQ monitor and changing settings in NVCP doesn't do anything. But the link you provided somehow helps Thanks bud. I don't use display port but downloaded that tool and updated my card with it anyways, which doesn't change anything but the description of the tool in that link suggests "Change boot mode from UEFI to Legacy; or Legacy to UEFI." so I did some more research on that and found out that user Aakash on Tom's Hardware suggested the same thing and it fixed the issue !
    To anyone encountering POST screen not being displayed on your primary monitor, try to this setting in your bios: Boot > CSM compatibility: Enabled > Boot from PCI-E expansion devices: UEFI first.
    Thanks again XYchromoson