cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All SUITE - disables beQuite AIO Pump?

cah4e3
Level 7
Another problem with my ROG Crosshair VII here...
I have Ryzen 2700x + beQuiet silentLoop 280mm.
Pump is connected to AIO header, and both radiator coolers connected to CPU fan headers (CPU + CPU OPT).

On linux all works fine, in bios all works fine - in windows (WITHOUT All Suite everything seems fine).

If i install All suite and start FAN calibrating process - IT just disables AIO pump... (literally - while starting calibration, watched with hwinfo64 - it goes down to 0 - after 3-5 secs system shut's down... need to unplug power cord to get it up running).

P.S.

In bios, Q-Fan is disabled for AIO pump (so no software control, always max for this header).
If after format i don't install All suite, everything works fine also, problems start AFTER i install All suite...

Any ideas?
Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

tungd00927
Level 7
ai suite is still so much buggy, i suggest you to change your setup:
go plug AIO pump to CPU FAN headers
and 2 radiator fans to chassis fan headers (you might need a fan splitter here if you want to setup more chassis fans)

mdzcpa
Level 12
When running Fan Expert calibration, are you being patient enough to let the pump spin back up? All the fans/headers are spun to a stop and them spun back up. This way the software knows minimum voltages for each fan/pump on each header.

You can also disconnect the pump from the AIO headers and calibrate then re-connect the pump. This will give the AIO header a default fan curve.

This is what my corsair H-115i 280mm radiator / cooler runs like on my i9-9900k while doing nothing but watching netflix and this forum (2 monitors)
I have used AI suite as well and have used the fan expert

to me this seems fine, but I might be wrong.

Your's shut down your pump? o_O
My Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F has a header for "AIO PUMP" which I used to power the pump- the AIO has a seperate SATA Power connector, which is used to power the the Radiator Fans I guess + also some USB connection to control it / the RGB maybe.

How is yours looking?

chris69 wrote:

This is what my corsair H-115i 280mm radiator / cooler runs like on my i9-9900k while doing nothing but watching netflix and this forum (2 monitors)
I have used AI suite as well and have used the fan expert

to me this seems fine, but I might be wrong.

Your's shut down your pump? o_O
My Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F has a header for "AIO PUMP" which I used to power the pump- the AIO has a seperate SATA Power connector, which is used to power the the Radiator Fans I guess + also some USB connection to control it / the RGB maybe.

How is yours looking?

Seems legit, 1000+rpm for pump, and flowing rpm on fans.
Yes, ASUS fan calibration software disables pump in process (despite config in bios - which is set to always run @12v/100%) to calibrate it, and i think in this moment overheat protection disables PC (runs quickly to 90C+).

As i wrote in topic start, my looks like this: pump connected to AIO pump header (+ set in bios be always 12v/100%), and both radiator fans connected to CPU headers.

mdzcpa wrote:
When running Fan Expert calibration, are you being patient enough to let the pump spin back up? All the fans/headers are spun to a stop and them spun back up. This way the software knows minimum voltages for each fan/pump on each header.

You can also disconnect the pump from the AIO headers and calibrate then re-connect the pump. This will give the AIO header a default fan curve.

I can be patient enough, but is i wrote in beginning - PC shut's down in process (because of AIO pump being disabled - overheat protection i think). 😃
Also - in bios all controls for AiO pump are disabled (so always running 12v / @100%), i think issue is - that fanXpert tuning does fetch this config from bios and try's to tweak AIO pump anyway (disabling it in process for calibration).

cah4e3
Level 7
Now, this is hillarious...
Gave it last try, now when opening Fan Xpert 4 - it's insta shutting down: https://youtu.be/h27CqOhSZzA 😄

Seems it's better not to install this software at all )

cah4e3
Level 7
Problem solved (if someone else have this problem (before AISuite tuning set all CPU OC stuff in bios (Extreme Tweaker) to default (otherwise on core boost - your max temp can go to 197C(???) - that triggers instant shutdown of PC).

after tuning you can return to your D.O.C or other settings. (this still needs investigation from ASUS, cus 197C issue is alive).

Rufinoman
Level 8
CH VII here.
All my OC stuff is set to default anyway and it still shuts down. I don't OC anyway.