Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

I had the same issue.
    but now it's seem dissappear after updated ASUS_FRQ_Control in MyASUS app.

ROG Member Array

Wouldnt that void my warranty?

New ROGer Array

that is right!!!!

I have a bold guess, this is caused by static electricity on the main board.

My machine is GL504GM, which has the same problem as yours. After I tried to unplug the battery and fan wiring on the motherboard and plug it in again, the problem disappeared.

And for the next few days, there were no problems. But over a longer period of time, the problem will slowly recur.

My guess is that static electricity from the motherboard caused the control chip to go crazy, so the fan went crazy.

Improper computer design, ungrounded power sockets or defective motherboards can cause static electricity to accumulate on the motherboards.

Similarly, higher temperatures may affect static electricity on the motherboard, so high processor loads may bring the fan back to normal.

Now every once in a while, I unplug the battery and fan cables from the motherboard and plug them back in. The problem can be solved temporarily.

Before, any software or BIOS update that caused the problem to disappear may have been done by them just as the fan problem disappeared, so they mistakenly thought that their operation caused the fan repair.

Above is my guess and method, at least this method is useful in my GL504GM, I hope it can help you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by kengsokmok View Post
    I had the same issue.
    but now it's seem dissappear after updated ASUS_FRQ_Control in MyASUS app.
    May i ask how do you update ASUS_FRQ_Control and which version works best? I cant seem to find MyASUS app anywhere...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Stormer64 View Post
    May i ask how do you update ASUS_FRQ_Control and which version works best? I cant seem to find MyASUS app anywhere...
    here is the link for the MyAsus App

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N7R5S6B0ZZH

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by TX2000 View Post
    here is the link for the MyAsus App

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N7R5S6B0ZZH
    Just got the app, but still no idea on how to update ASUS_FRQ_control

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by wollpie View Post
    Hello all.
    Apparently I'm lucky and my Strix Hero II doesn't have any FPS issues or anything like that. The laptop never reaches above 85 C from what I've seen. However, I have on issue with it. Whenever I turn on the laptop or at random points when it should be idling, the GPU fan hits up 4900-6400 RPM. Obviously this would not be an issue if I was playing something but all I'm doing it looking at my desktop. I bought this laptop because I believed it would be good for both using in class and gaming, but if I'm going to have a jet engine go off every time I open my laptop, it's going to be an issue. Another thing worth noting is that the CPU idles around 2.9 GHz sometimes. I have no explanation for this either.
    I've gone no further than looking around online if anyone else has this kind of issue and I've not really found any solutions. I can provide pictures/benchmarks if needed.

Thanks.
    I had the same problem, i even made a post on this forum. i just downloaded the ROG Gaming Center on an android and it somehow fixed it.... my fan was going 5800RPM in silent mode and now its 1900RPM in silent mode for some reason they dont show the fanspeed in the ROG Gaming Center on your laptop. It still boosts up now and then for no reason to 3800RPM.. lets hope its somehow fixed. Good Luck!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 棽木 View Post
    that is right!!!!
    I have a bold guess, this is caused by static electricity on the main board.
    My machine is GL504GM, which has the same problem as yours. After I tried to unplug the battery and fan wiring on the motherboard and plug it in again, the problem disappeared.
    And for the next few days, there were no problems. But over a longer period of time, the problem will slowly recur.
    My guess is that static electricity from the motherboard caused the control chip to go crazy, so the fan went crazy.
    Improper computer design, ungrounded power sockets or defective motherboards can cause static electricity to accumulate on the motherboards.
    Similarly, higher temperatures may affect static electricity on the motherboard, so high processor loads may bring the fan back to normal.
    Now every once in a while, I unplug the battery and fan cables from the motherboard and plug them back in. The problem can be solved temporarily.
    Before, any software or BIOS update that caused the problem to disappear may have been done by them just as the fan problem disappeared, so they mistakenly thought that their operation caused the fan repair.
    Above is my guess and method, at least this method is useful in my GL504GM, I hope it can help you.
    It's just a bad fan or bad connection on the fan's rpm signal wire. Nothing to do with static.
    Last edited by FULLMETALJACKET7; 09-08-2019 at 02:07 AM.

New ROGer Array

I am back again.

Nothing works ! I sent the computer back to Asus. They again said they were not aware of this problem. They reloaded the system (ah ah), and of course,when I get the computer back, the fans were again at max...

I recontacted them, I will send the computer back again. They will most probably reload the system (it seems that this is the only thing they do in after sale service)...

They definitely don't (want to) know this issue and continue to advertise for their silent fan system - AND THIS IS WRONG ! By the way, the cooling is huge...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bruit.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	81777

Name:	bruit2.jpg 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	81778

I measured the sound at 68 dB at 50 cm (distance of use).

Name:	IMG_1287.jpg 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	81779

There is also a problem with the GPU thermal sensor as the temperature is reported between something credible to -32768°C, and it is quite low.
    Last edited by fred_76; 09-08-2019 at 02:25 PM.

New ROGer Array

Has anybody here tried to change the fan or the cable? Mine is the launch product around august (GL504GM), and i feel like those early products have that hardware defect because i cant find any similiar issue with the younger version.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast