Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    New ROGer Array

I really hope someone can solve this problem. If the problem is solved, this computer is really a good one. Let's continue to look for solutions. Don't give up. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

New ROGer Array

Noticed this issue in the past weeks also. I've already repasted everything, increased the ram and swapped the secondary hard drive so my warranty is long gone.

So far the only thing that seems to stop the issue for a while is to remove the bottom lid and unplug the battery. The last time i did it i also unplugged both the fans and plugged them in again, it's been working properly for about 4 days now.

Thing is this hasn't happened until recently, last month at least. Maybe it was a driver, maybe it was the windows update i did, or maybe it's just an hardware issue that only now manifested itself. I find this last one less likely on its own, would be more inclined to some driver that puts the HW in that state that only gets reset when all power is cut off.

New ROGer Array

UPDATE : So i've been trying few things for the last few days. What i managed to do was, *still couldnt figure out how to prevent fan throttling*, i made it only last like 20-30 seconds after booting up, or sometimes it didnt happen throughout the day at all, which is far more tolerable.

So i've been turning on my laptop for at least 12 hours a day, without putting it to sleep (because it keeps on throttling again after being awaken), and i put the power setting to Best Performance, both plugged in and on battery. Can anybody here try the same thing so that we can clarify this problem?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Stormer64 View Post
    UPDATE : So i've been trying few things for the last few days. What i managed to do was, *still couldnt figure out how to prevent fan throttling*, i made it only last like 20-30 seconds after booting up, or sometimes it didnt happen throughout the day at all, which is far more tolerable.

So i've been turning on my laptop for at least 12 hours a day, without putting it to sleep (because it keeps on throttling again after being awaken), and i put the power setting to Best Performance, both plugged in and on battery. Can anybody here try the same thing so that we can clarify this problem?
    same thing for me, whenever I open my laptop from, start the fan will overboost for about 30mins - almost 2 hours. then it will fade, then I can use it normally again. it's been like this but the only fan that is boosting automatically is the top left fan which is the CPU fan for me. sometimes it acts weird and just after like 2 mins of waking up it will be really silent and act normal but so far I can only assure that it goes overboost whenever I start it for the day and only the cpu fan.

New ROGer Array

romtheflash

Hi All,

I think I have found a solution for the left fan problem. It all started after several Windows/BIOS updates. The fan was just randomly going off and spinning on max rpm non-stop on idle.

After looking through the forums I have tried everything like reinstalling windows, drivers, gaming center etc. I have also tried 3-rd party fan controllers but apparently that wasn't the case.

I taught that maybe the bios update created the issue so I found on the forum how to downgrade the bios https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...using-Winflash . I have downloaded BIOS 307 from here https://driverscollection.com/_51317...IOS-v.307-free .

After a downgrade fan is no longer going crazy. Sometimes there is an overboost to cool down CPU but it lasts for 1 minute or so.

Hope it helps solve the problem.

Regards,
    romtheflash

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by romtheflash View Post
    Hi All,

I think I have found a solution for the left fan problem. It all started after several Windows/BIOS updates. The fan was just randomly going off and spinning on max rpm non-stop on idle.

After looking through the forums I have tried everything like reinstalling windows, drivers, gaming center etc. I have also tried 3-rd party fan controllers but apparently that wasn't the case.

I taught that maybe the bios update created the issue so I found on the forum how to downgrade the bios https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...using-Winflash . I have downloaded BIOS 307 from here https://driverscollection.com/_51317...IOS-v.307-free .

After a downgrade fan is no longer going crazy. Sometimes there is an overboost to cool down CPU but it lasts for 1 minute or so.

Hope it helps solve the problem.

Regards,
    romtheflash
    Is it still working now? It's driving me crazy!
    Today,i was in my class, the sh*t is take up again,some students turn to look at me. it looked like i was driving a helicopter。
    露出尴尬而又不失礼貌的微笑

ROG Member Array

Alright gents so I sent in my laptop, got it back 4 days ago and the issue disappeared. They replaced a part, listed on a paper I got back with the laptop, here's a picture I took of it https://i.imgur.com/EnkesGq.png. I don't know if you can request that they replace a specific part or not, but that seems to have fixed my issue.

New ROGer Array

please keep us updated if the same problem happen again, thanks for the info

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by wollpie View Post
    Alright gents so I sent in my laptop, got it back 4 days ago and the issue disappeared. They replaced a part, listed on a paper I got back with the laptop, here's a picture I took of it https://i.imgur.com/EnkesGq.png. I don't know if you can request that they replace a specific part or not, but that seems to have fixed my issue.
    According to the picture, they replaced the motherboard and they do the same things for me. But few weeks later , the problem is coming angin.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4