Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

While we Wait for a Firmware update we should entertain ourselves with some topic to compare or maybe improve our VPN Speeds with suggestions if any.
    My ISP Download Speed is up to 350Mbps, Upload up to 45Mbps, when VPN activated (NORDVPN) my speeds fluctuate between 60 and 145Mbps and Upload speeds between 11 and 23Mbps.
    I'm happy with these speeds considering that when using ExpressVpn my download speeds were around 30 and 60 Mbps*

*I must add that at this moment Nord Vpn is the most stable for this router concidering all the bugs it has.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by carwash View Post
    While we Wait for a Firmware update we should entertain ourselves with some topic to compare or maybe improve our VPN Speeds with suggestions if any.
    My ISP Download Speed is up to 350Mbps, Upload up to 45Mbps, when VPN activated (NORDVPN) my speeds fluctuate between 60 and 145Mbps and Upload speeds between 11 and 23Mbps.
    I'm happy with these speeds considering that when using ExpressVpn my download speeds were around 30 and 60 Mbps*

*I must add that at this moment Nord Vpn is the most stable for this router concidering all the bugs it has.
    what openvpn version you have installed on your GT?, mine openvpn 2.3.2 which is old and unsecure !!!
    if upgraded to 2.4 at least all vpn providers will work on it.

New ROGer Array

to be quite honest I don't know what version vpn im using.

I'm using the latest Firmware!
    I have tried Express Vpn, HMA and pureVpn *on my GT Fusion setup and they all work but not at all stable especially with the latest firmware, were I have NordVpn working for the past month or so with out a problem at all, in fact I noticed that I get faster speeds with Nord

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Sverre PC Specs
    Sverre PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Formula
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4B3200C15
    Graphics Card #1ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti
    Monitor1 x Asus 27" LED FreeSync MG278Q + 2 x Benq XL2420T
    Storage #1C-drive: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 PCIe SSD
    Storage #2D-drive: Force Series LS 480GB
    CPU CoolerEK-Supremacy MX
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos C700P
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB FSP
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad Built into the computer table
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906
    OS Windows 10 pro 64-bit
    Network RouterZyxel P8702N
    Accessory #1 Several HDD’s 1, 2 and 3 TB
    Accessory #2 Aquaero 6xt + a lot of water cooling stuff.
    Accessory #3 UPS BlueWalker PW UPS VI 2200 SH

Yes, AirVPN works, but what kind of speed is it I'm getting? 27-29Mbps download and 44-49Mbps upload when I have a 250/250 fiber connection. This is total BS and worthless!

Anyone know a VPN service that actually gives you free connection speed, not only brag about it, and hope those that connect doesn't test it?

speedtest.net gave me 45/65, a little better, but not even close to 250/250.

Answer from AirVPN:
    "We're very sorry, you can't get that performance with your router CPU, as the processing power to encrypt and decrypt AES-256 is insufficient."

Extremely disappointing that the "incredible" CPU Asus has put in one it's best routers isn't up for the job. I manage to get a reasonably stable 50/50Mbps if I connect locally, in my own country.
    Last edited by Sverre; 04-25-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    [/URL]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2