cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey which VPN Works on GT-AC5300 Router setup as VPN Fusion Client

speed1m
Level 7
I would like to conduct a survey to list the vpn subscriptions that work on the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300. This will help members to save some time to find the t VPN subscriptions that work, and help members to make the wise choice based on their needs.

Definition of work:
Only comment for GT-AC5300. (NOT RT-AC5300)
Survey is limited to only VPN Fusion Client - OPENVPN setup (can be UDP or TCP)
Able to activate in the server list
Able to activate in the exception list
Able to by pass Geo-Restriction (Netflix, Hulu or Playstation etc)
Able to use P2P (torrent etc)

Working

1) Express VPN (only tried UDP)
2) Airvpn (Only tried UDP)

Not working
1) Nordvpn
2) Purevpn
15 REPLIES 15

JustinThyme
Level 13
*VPNs by their very nature are prohibitive to a decent connection. The latency for gaming is horrendous and a GB fiber connection gets knocked back to DSL speeds. Too many NordVPN commercials making people freak. If you have your network secured, have a hardware firewall in place there’s no need to encrypt traffic. When making purchases online use other services like poopal or Apple Pay so they don’t get your CC info.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

cyberlipe
Level 7
VPN Unlimited works fine for me.

cyberlipe wrote:
VPN Unlimited works fine for me.

Indeed, I confirm VPN Limited from Keepsolid work very well with this router GT-AC5300. The setup is also very easy. Go to their website, select the Netflix server, or torrent server or location server--> generate the opvn config file and then upload the file to the router. Don't even need to fill in the login names and password. The opvn config file generated, can also be used for the Openvpn application for windows, android phone. The only down side is limitation of 5 devices. Once your device is setup , it will show in your account and the quota is 5. You can only delete one device per week. Basically, they want you to buy more device slots.

I update the list, please continue to share the working vpn services for this Router.

Working

3) VPN Unlimited from Keepsolid

Not working
1) Nordvpn
2) Purevpn

speed1m wrote:
Indeed, I confirm VPN Limited from Keepsolid work very well with this router GT-AC5300. The setup is also very easy. Go to their website, select the Netflix server, or torrent server or location server--> generate the opvn config file and then upload the file to the router. Don't even need to fill in the login names and password. The opvn config file generated, can also be used for the Openvpn application for windows, android phone. The only down side is limitation of 5 devices. Once your device is setup , it will show in your account and the quota is 5. You can only delete one device per week. Basically, they want you to buy more device slots.

I update the list, please continue to share the working vpn services for this Router.

Working

3) VPN Unlimited from Keepsolid

Not working
1) Nordvpn
2) Purevpn

IPVanish not working 100%

ExpressVPN has been solid for 36 hours for me.
I switched from IPVanish. It would default to my provider IP even though Fusion showed all OK. I router reboot would allow for another two hours of VPN and then default to my provider IP.

Express vpn works fine using UDP (working solid for 45 Days)

HMA with some issues *ie: speeds*

Regards*

Shazbat
Level 7
I have managed to get Nord to work... The problem i have is I cannot get the exceptions to work. It is all or nothing.

I take it back this is very iffy at best.

I am using NORD VPN without any issues.

Update!

2 months later Expressvpn has stopped working, tried everything but no luck!*

Fixed problem,

Tried all firmware available for GT-AC 5300 and found that the most stable for Fusion is Firmware Version:9.0.0.4.384_32874.