cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I78700k, z370-H, 16gb 3600mhz OverClock help!

Ã_lÃ_f1
Level 7
I want to get stable computer for good gaming performance.
I need to know what to do in Bios.
Can someone help me?

Z370-H
I78700k
2×8gb 3600mhz
Rtx 2080 geforce
Evo pro960 250gb ssd
Kingston 500gb ssd

I want 4.8ghz stabled
Need video or img for bios settings.
4 REPLIES 4

Menthol
Level 14
Please list your memory kit make and model number, what cooling, air cooler or other

In the bios set all cores to 48, leave voltages on auto, set XMP for your memory, F10 and restart

Where I have manual setting at top, enter XMP

Where I have 51, enter 48

Menthol wrote:
Please list your memory kit make and model number, what cooling, air cooler or other

In the bios set all cores to 48, leave voltages on auto, set XMP for your memory, F10 and restart

Where I have manual setting at top, enter XMP

Where I have 51, enter 48

Cooling system:
Corsair h55 hydro series with 1 fan.
And 1 fan noctua blowing out of computer case from its behind.
Corsair cmr16x4m2c300c18

What about other bios settings like Digi+vrm?
I did put in once on level 5 and thing gaming was better but dont know if its bad for computer.

if I use xmp isnt volt all to high in settings?
Should I not make it manual settings?

Menthol
Level 14
You need to monitor voltages and temps at idle and under load, use ASUS RealBench to stress test your system, voltages will vary during use from what is reported in the bios

My bios features may be different as we have different boards, memory kits, CPU's, cooling, your overclocking will be limited by your cooling, quality of CPU and memory kit.

LLC 5 or 6 is typically safe settings (allow minor vdroop under load)

Menthol wrote:
You need to monitor voltages and temps at idle and under load, use ASUS RealBench to stress test your system, voltages will vary during use from what is reported in the bios

My bios features may be different as we have different boards, memory kits, CPU's, cooling, your overclocking will be limited by your cooling, quality of CPU and memory kit.

LLC 5 or 6 is typically safe settings (allow minor vdroop under load)

I tried asus realbench and test never start said instability something is not right.
I asked one computer guy and he think its xmp profile or the rtx 2080 graphic card so new for this software maby.
Anyway...
If cooling system isnt good for oc I just use defaults or maby you can help me do better setting in bios if I send picture of what is needed.
I am new in this bios stuff and afraid to do more damage than fixing.
LLC 5 does it effect game performance?
I think I Have better aiming or thinnk I do 🙂