cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702ZC fans on constantly over 6000 rpm!

AJMAL_BASHRAT
Level 7
Hi Everyone

I have a rog strix GL702ZC notebook with amd ryzen 7 1700 processor and amd rx 580 graphics.

Past couple of days the fans randomly went over 6000 rpm and haven't come down since! the weird thing is the processor and graphics temperatures are low.

I've tried everything i can think of but the fans haven't budged:

- UEFI bios update (no option in bios to change fan speeds)
- graphics and processor driver updates
- windows settings (power settings and windows services)
- Speedfan app (doesn't recognise my model so no option to change settings)
- AMD overdrive app (my model not supported)
- AI suite (my model not supported)

Has anyone with the same model come across the same issues? Please help as the noise is driving me nuts!
8 REPLIES 8

Nikpo764389
Level 7
I have the same problem, nothing helps:(

Nikpo764389 wrote:
I have the same problem, nothing helps:(

Hi Asus are currently repairing mine. They said that they are replacing the mainboard. Hopefully you still have warranty for yours.

TMM2K
Level 7
This happened to me too, and in my case the repair shop decided it was 'user damage'... I then got the laptop back with the wrong screws used so now I have damage on the laptop's casing...

TMM2K wrote:
This happened to me too, and in my case the repair shop decided it was 'user damage'... I then got the laptop back with the wrong screws used so now I have damage on the laptop's casing...

I have got mine back. Asus have replace the sub board and the motherboard and it has resolved the issue.

However, the casing on mine was also damaged in the process so I am currently pursuing this.

I have the same problem, phoned tech support up and now it won't even boot up keyboard lights up, h/d light flashes, fans going like mad and nothing on screen only bought it in November !!!!! how long did it take you to get it repaired please ?

Redleader1 wrote:
I have the same problem, phoned tech support up and now it won't even boot up keyboard lights up, h/d light flashes, fans going like mad and nothing on screen only bought it in November !!!!! how long did it take you to get it repaired please ?

I logged the issue around the 5th of Jan. In between that time they arranged a courier to collect it, they received it around 15th of Jan, inspected it, ordered part, issue was not resolved, ordered another part, fixed issue, tested and cleaned the system and i got it back on the 30th of January.

I've had mine for nearly a year now and it had this issue. Your got yours in November and its problematic this soon! Your one seems to have a lot more problems too.

Maybe there is a problem with the way they have built these models. If it reoccurs i will most probably get it repaired and sell it.

niksan29
Level 7
This is a common problem with this laptop, the solution is only one replacement of the motherboard under warranty...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97605-GL702ZC-laptop-fans-running-on-100-inside-BIOS-UEFI-...

TMM2K
Level 7
For my case, the laptop is back in RMA again to get the damage that the repair center did fixed... So the laptop has been out of my possession since January 6th now. I'm somewhat skeptical that I'm going to get it back this month, and all of this was less than 3 weeks after the official warranty period ended also. Customer service for this system seems to have been basically uniformly awful.