New ROGer Array

Asus ROG GL504GS SCAR Edition Battery Time/Life

Hello,
    I'm worries about my asus laptop which I purchased few weeks back. I choose this laptop after comparing with lot others and watching lots of reviews.
    I personally like Dave Lee because he does really great reviews and he also liked this laptop. He mentioned that he is getting around ~3 and 1/2 battery timing.
    Problem is mine only last about 1and half hour when load is almost nothing. While using photoshop it last an hour. I also saw some comments on various articles saying they are getting 3 hours. Why not me?
    Am I missing some drivers or something? I mentioned this because I'm facing issue installing Intel Graphics Driver on my laptop. It says system doesn't meet minimum requirements. Maybe this is the reason because Nvida GPU is being used for all application and that's definitely the reason for bad battery timing.
    I would like to know from you guys are you facing the same problem and is it just me?
    Let me know I'm anxiously waiting your help guys.
    Thanks

ROG Member Array

Hello, I have a GL504GS and im only getting about 1 hour battery life normal browsing so im assuming it's normal since we both aren't getting 3.5hrs. Lol if 3.5hrs is actually possible please someone let us know

ROG Member Array

hi, try checking the refresh rate of your screen, 144 hz sure eats a lot of power than 60.

also, i tried this yesterday and it does improve mine, try disabling the Nahimic service in your processes, it also makes the stutter disappear too in mine

New ROGer Array abhi2603 PC Specs
    abhi2603 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G531GV-ES014T
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Express
    ProcessorCore i7 9th Gen 9750H
    Memory (part number)GDDR6 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060
    Monitor15.6 inch 144Hz Refresh Rate
    Storage #11 TB SSD
    Power Supply230 W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Illuminated Chiclet Per-Key RGB Keyboard
    OS Windows 10 Home x64

Question What does this Nahimic service do?

Quote Originally Posted by desuzarasu View Post
    hi, try checking the refresh rate of your screen, 144 hz sure eats a lot of power than 60.

also, i tried this yesterday and it does improve mine, try disabling the Nahimic service in your processes, it also makes the stutter disappear too in mine
    I formatted my C: and re-installed Windows 10 with no additional Asus drivers. Still I am getting around ~1 hr 20 mins only. Please help !!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abhi2603 View Post
    I formatted my C: and re-installed Windows 10 with no additional Asus drivers. Still I am getting around ~1 hr 20 mins only. Please help !!
    That's normal.

abhi2603 PC Specs
    Storage #11 TB SSD
    OS Windows 10 Home x64

Question

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    That's normal.
    How can that be normal ? Mine is a Scar III with 144 Hz refresh rate. All the reviewers claim to be getting around 3-4 hours of battery backup after a full charge. And my laptop is a new one, bought just in July.

Would really appreciate your insight on this.

How can that be normal ? Mine is a Scar III with 144 Hz refresh rate. All the reviewers claim to be getting around 3-4 hours of battery backup after a full charge. And my laptop is a new one, bought just in July.

Would really appreciate your insight on this.
    Those are best case scenarios. Minimum brightness, no kb backlight, idling, battery saver mode, no usb devices connected, hard drive turned off, no wifi, etc. I really doubt a gaming laptop with a small battery for its power would even come close to 3hrs of battery life.

abhi2603 PC Specs
    Storage #11 TB SSD
    OS Windows 10 Home x64

Question

Those are best case scenarios. Minimum brightness, no kb backlight, idling, battery saver mode, no usb devices connected, hard drive turned off, no wifi, etc. I really doubt a gaming laptop with a small battery for its power would even come close to 3hrs of battery life.
    Well, thanks for giving me some relief.

I would really appreciate if you can check out this link where the reviewer tells about the battery life :
    https://beebom.com/asus-rog-strix-sc...g531gv-review/

He has mentioned this :
    "As far as battery life is concerned, the ROG Strix Scar III G531GV doesn’t really do anything great here. In my usage of the laptop, which is mostly Google Chrome and Photoshop, with the occasional YouTube video, or a TV show on Netflix or Prime Video, the laptop lasted around 2.5 to 3 hours on a charge – now that’s fine, but it’s not the best and it can quickly get annoying, having to charge the laptop every few hours especially if you’re at work. "

I was getting worried because I barely get 1.5 hrs of backup on my laptop.

Well, thanks for giving me some relief.

I would really appreciate if you can check out this link where the reviewer tells about the battery life :
    https://beebom.com/asus-rog-strix-sc...g531gv-review/

He has mentioned this :
    "As far as battery life is concerned, the ROG Strix Scar III G531GV doesn’t really do anything great here. In my usage of the laptop, which is mostly Google Chrome and Photoshop, with the occasional YouTube video, or a TV show on Netflix or Prime Video, the laptop lasted around 2.5 to 3 hours on a charge – now that’s fine, but it’s not the best and it can quickly get annoying, having to charge the laptop every few hours especially if you’re at work. "

I was getting worried because I barely get 1.5 hrs of backup on my laptop.
    They usually test the battery life using pcmark. It's just a "synthetic battery benchmark" or whatever you wanna call it. I don't trust it. I would say 2hrs would be a more realistic number and I'm pretty sure you could squeeze 30 more minutes out of your battery by completely turning down the brightness, kb backlight, unplugging the mouse and all that.

New ROGer Array

They usually test the battery life using pcmark. It's just a "synthetic battery benchmark" or whatever you wanna call it. I don't trust it. I would say 2hrs would be a more realistic number and I'm pretty sure you could squeeze 30 more minutes out of your battery by completely turning down the brightness, kb backlight, unplugging the mouse and all that.
    You need to change the preferred graphic processor to "Integrated graphics" settings on Nvidia Control Panel when you are using your laptop on battery mode. This will help to not drain your battery much