ProcessorI7 7820X (only 28 lines) @4,5GHz Air
    Memory (part number)Trident Z f4-3200c14q-32gtzr
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix Advanced 1070 Ti
    Sound CardCreative Labs Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorAcer Predator XB321HK
    Storage #12x Samsung 970 PCI-EX Raid0
    Storage #2Plextor PX-512MB
    CPU CoolerBe Quiet! Dark Rock TF
    CaseThermaltake SwordM (old-fashioned big tower case)
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra 850W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinium
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core
    Headset German Maestro 8.35 Mobile
    Mouse Pad FUNC XXL + Asus ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Razer Mako
    OS Windows 10 X64Pro
    Network RouterHuawei B529
    Accessory #1 Rum Captain Morgan + Coca-cola wild cherry + ice
    Accessory #2 Knuckle with cabbage
    Accessory #3 Snickers Cake

The problem with Raid does not occur on Apex and Extreme. Bios 504 does not add anything to the problem. This model has so far until it is corrected. It's not absolutelly a matter of the attached user's manual. I hope that the next update will clarify this. I did not say goodbye to Omega yet. I will fight again, I will not give up easily
    The instruction is a promise that Intel Premium Raid works. It has to work.
    You can not sweep it under the carpet, because it is a contract with the buyer.
    When you buy a BMW, it has to go and we do not push it by hand.
    From now on I am silent (until something is finally corrected)
    p/p
    ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIOS 1704 (date 2019.02.21)
    - Improve system performance and stability.
    - Fixed RAID card issue.
    - Updated ME FW to ver. 11.11.60.1561
    " Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file R6E.CAP
    (We are waiting for the same for Omega)
    Last edited by Zbigniew; 02-25-2019 at 11:10 PM.
    Blessed are those who have not seen ... And now they see.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    Does the USB 3 issue occur at default settings? Sounds like instability from pushing BCLK/DMI.
    BCLK is at 100. If I restart the PC a few times with my card reader plugged in (with memory card installed), USB 3 functions normally. If I start the PC without the card reader plugged in, and then plug it in with a card installed, the PC won't even recognize it. Only the lower 4 slots on the rear of the board will "see" it , but it will only run/transfer files at USB 2.0 speeds. I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting devices and having Windows reinstall them, but nothing fixes it.

I can try setting the bios back to default ( no OC) , but what good is the board if USB 3.0 doersn't work while overclocked?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by RichKnecht View Post
    Recently, all of my USB 3 devices no longer work. Every port on the board works fine with USB2, but not with USB 3. There are a few ports on the back that will allow me to use a USB3 device, but the device operates in USB 2.0 speed. Any help would be appreciated.
    If you need me to test or try anything on my USB 3.0 ports, LMK.. Load Optimize defaults? I have not touched my USB settings in bios but they seem to work ok.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ROGman2 View Post
    Bios 0504 is running good for me too. What about the USB cable in the case? The cable connection to the MB ok?

BTW The raid section in the Omega manual is weak. I came from the x299-xe that has a better RAID section for IRST and RSTe.
    Yes, I tried unplugging/plugging in the cable (first thing I tried). The USB devices work fine (card reader, portable SSD) in my laptop (Surface 15") at USB 3.0 speeds.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ROGman2 View Post
    If you need me to test or try anything on my USB 3.0 ports, LMK.. Load Optimize defaults? I have not touched my USB settings in bios but they seem to work ok.
    Thanks. It's really strange. all the ports work fine with USB 2.0. I looked in the bios and all the USB settings look fine (never changed them). I was thinking of switching over to bios 2 (0218) to see what happens, but the button is hidden behind a radiator/fan setup and it's not too easy to get to. I went to Windows update and there are much newer drivers available for the ASMedia device, but I have no clue on how to install them. There was an old post here where someone with an Apex VI had the same issue, but it didn't go far and there was no solution posted.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks. It's really strange. all the ports work fine with USB 2.0. I looked in the bios and all the USB settings look fine (never changed them). I was thinking of switching over to bios 2 (0218) to see what happens, but the button is hidden behind a radiator/fan setup and it's not too easy to get to. I went to Windows update and there are much newer drivers available for the ASMedia device, but I have no clue on how to install them. There was an old post here where someone with an Apex VI had the same issue, but it didn't go far and there was no solution posted.
    ASmedia should have the installation exe. The device manager is another way to update drivers but for the USB, there are too many..

ROG Guru: White Belt Array jpmboy PC Specs
    jpmboy PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Apex
    Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)G.SKill 3600c15 (2x)2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1Titan V
    Graphics Card #2Titan V
    MonitorROG PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 900P
    Storage #24TB Raid 10
    CPU CoolerCustom Water
    Power SupplyAX1500i
    Keyboard Ducky
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset Ultimate Ears Custom IEMs
    OS Win 10/Win7 Pro

BCLK is at 100. If I restart the PC a few times with my card reader plugged in (with memory card installed), USB 3 functions normally. If I start the PC without the card reader plugged in, and then plug it in with a card installed, the PC won't even recognize it. Only the lower 4 slots on the rear of the board will "see" it , but it will only run/transfer files at USB 2.0 speeds. I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting devices and having Windows reinstall them, but nothing fixes it.

I can try setting the bios back to default ( no OC) , but what good is the board if USB 3.0 doersn't work while overclocked?
    For an external usb3 expansion hub, Try increasing the PCH voltage in bios... if Auto=1.05V raise it to 1.06 to 1.075V as a start.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by jpmboy View Post
    For an external usb3 expansion hub, Try increasing the PCH voltage in bios... if Auto=1.05V raise it to 1.06 to 1.075V as a start.
    I had that set to 1.1. lowered it to 1.05 (auto was 1.0) and my USB3 is back Hopefully it will stay that way. Thanks!

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

I had that set to 1.1. lowered it to 1.05 (auto was 1.0) and my USB3 is back Hopefully it will stay that way. Thanks!
    That isn’t default settings . Why are you increasing PCH voltage arbitrarily?

* If the issue occurs again (at defaults), can you:

1. List all USB devices connected to the system

2. What ports they are connected to.

3. If possible, driver versions and firmware for connected devices.

BCLK is at 100. If I restart the PC a few times with my card reader plugged in (with memory card installed), USB 3 functions normally. If I start the PC without the card reader plugged in, and then plug it in with a card installed, the PC won't even recognize it. Only the lower 4 slots on the rear of the board will "see" it , but it will only run/transfer files at USB 2.0 speeds. I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting devices and having Windows reinstall them, but nothing fixes it. I can try setting the bios back to default ( no OC) , but what good is the board if USB 3.0 doersn't work while overclocked?

Shouldn’t be an issue, assuming the overclock is stable which we can’t vicariously verify. If we are to replicate (if at all) then default UEFI is best. Are there any flags in Device Manager for the host controller?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    That isn’t default settings . Why are you increasing PCH voltage arbitrarily?

* If the issue occurs again (at defaults), can you:

1. List all USB devices connected to the system

2. What ports they are connected to.

3. If possible, driver versions and firmware for connected devices.

Shouldn’t be an issue, assuming the overclock is stable which we can’t vicariously verify. If we are to replicate (if at all) then default UEFI is best. Are there any flags in Device Manager for the host controller?
    Honestly, I have no idea why PCH was set that high. I must have done it by mistake as I never fool around with that value (usually set to Auto). The only reason I suspected the driver is the fact that it is dated 2016. There are no flags any where in device manager and there are no conflicts. I have booted the system a number of times, including this morning's cold boot and all USB ports are working as they should. I appreciate the help!

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast