Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS x99 sabertooth & x299 Rampage VI Apex
    Processori7-5930k & i9-9940x
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3200C14 & Trident-Z 3600C16 both Samsung B-Dies
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080ti FTW3 water block & Titan Xp copper water block
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Coolerx99 2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads enclosed and filtered on top
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 & EVGA 1200P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum & Logitech G710+
    Mouse 2-Red dragon Perdition
    OS Win-7 & win-10 pro on both systems Win-7 everyday os
    Accessory #1 Heatkiller IV Pro plexi/ Copper base on both systems
    Accessory #2 Mayhems Biocide and Inhibitor with distilled water
    Accessory #3 Mayhems 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing

Quote Originally Posted by Abaidor View Post

One more note: Please let the engineering team know that the o-rings used int he monoblock contained some kind of lubricant (oil) that leaks inside the loop (yellow color) and although it is not harmful it looks bad. I was lucky to catch most of it before I installed the monoblock in my loop since I run it standalone (for cleaning) through a custom water filter. I could see the yellow-brown stains on the filter after 48 hours.
    Hi,
    Yeah same for the gpu blocks really
    More turns they use a sticky gasket for assembly making it easier.
    That stuff does leach.

Just took apart my copper titan Xp water block that thing was about to leak liquid outside the gasket :/

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Abaidor PC Specs
    Abaidor PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processori9-7940X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C17Q-64GTZR | Trident Z RGB 64GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2WD 10TB Gold
    CPU CoolerEK Rampage VI Monoblock
    CaseC0smos 2 Modded
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i

Quote Originally Posted by LiveOrDie View Post
    I don't see that happening but a square cold plate upgrade would be nice, reason i say i don't is because 95% of these CPU are ether not delidded and theres the refresh now as well which are soldered, people that delid like you said should just op for a custom IHS ether sold by EK or Rockit.
    You are right but my suggestion was mostly based on the fact that a SQUARE base would also perform better....I don't know the size of the targeted audience though. Indeed, a custom IHS makes more sense but you still have the less than ideal "round" base leading to users "dropping" the monoblock for standalone blocks...
    Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

You are right but my suggestion was mostly based on the fact that a SQUARE base would also perform better....I don't know the size of the targeted audience though. Indeed, a custom IHS makes more sense but you still have the less than ideal "round" base leading to users "dropping" the monoblock for standalone blocks...
    Yeah I would be happy with a square cold plate upgrade I would buy it.

Official EKWB Rep Array

A square cold plate with either increased height to cater for the IHS difference when the CPU is delidded/relidded would be nice. This or offer a similar IHS to the one Rockit are selling.

You could also sell it as an upgrade to existing Monoblock owners so that the it can be saved...As it stands now it will go hanging on the wall for decoration for those delidding and its a shame since it does look great.

One more note: Please let the engineering team know that the o-rings used int he monoblock contained some kind of lubricant (oil) that leaks inside the loop (yellow color) and although it is not harmful it looks bad. I was lucky to catch most of it before I installed the monoblock in my loop since I run it standalone (for cleaning) through a custom water filter. I could see the yellow-brown stains on the filter after 48 hours.
    If you will, please submit a support ticket for both. The oring oil is something well known to us. I don't like it myself, but there will need to be sufficient requests from the community to get this change to happen

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
    Hi,
    Yeah same for the gpu blocks really
    More turns they use a sticky gasket for assembly making it easier.
    That stuff does leach.

Just took apart my copper titan Xp water block that thing was about to leak liquid outside the gasket :/
    Got some pics of that? And was the oring damaged or anything? Used a new card when you purchased it? Anything of issue like that, I like to follow up with the team so we can make sure everyone in QA/QC is doing their job properly.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Raja, so far the Omega is working perfectly with my 7900X. I do have a question though. On top of the SATA ports, there is a gorgeous (just a joke) pink sticker. Is it OK to remove that? Perhaps remove it gently and stick it to the back of the board or in a less obvious/visible spot?

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Yeah, that should be fine.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS x99 sabertooth & x299 Rampage VI Apex
    Processori7-5930k & i9-9940x
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3200C14 & Trident-Z 3600C16 both Samsung B-Dies
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080ti FTW3 water block & Titan Xp copper water block
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Coolerx99 2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads enclosed and filtered on top
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 & EVGA 1200P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum & Logitech G710+
    Mouse 2-Red dragon Perdition
    OS Win-7 & win-10 pro on both systems Win-7 everyday os
    Accessory #1 Heatkiller IV Pro plexi/ Copper base on both systems
    Accessory #2 Mayhems Biocide and Inhibitor with distilled water
    Accessory #3 Mayhems 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing

Quote Originally Posted by EKJake View Post
    If you will, please submit a support ticket for both. The oring oil is something well known to us. I don't like it myself, but there will need to be sufficient requests from the community to get this change to happen

Got some pics of that? And was the oring damaged or anything? Used a new card when you purchased it? Anything of issue like that, I like to follow up with the team so we can make sure everyone in QA/QC is doing their job properly.
    Hi,
    Nope no images
    I bought it from EK directly 12/2017 few days after I received my titan Xp yeah tip top of the crypo mining craze so titan Xp was only a couple hundred more than another 1080ti ftw3 :/

Seemed to be the screws weren't all the same torque

Flushing out my x99 now and I'll break down the cpu/ evo block and 1080ti ftw3 block and clean them out
    I'll photo op if anything looks the same

I get in a hurry and often don't document stuff like this just thankful things didn't leak

Almost stripped a x299 prime deluxe mono block screw breaking it down darn things were tight kind of too tight boy just can't get a happy medium

Official EKWB Rep Array

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
    Hi,
    Nope no images
    I bought it from EK directly 12/2017 few days after I received my titan Xp yeah tip top of the crypo mining craze so titan Xp was only a couple hundred more than another 1080ti ftw3 :/

Seemed to be the screws weren't all the same torque

Flushing out my x99 now and I'll break down the cpu/ evo block and 1080ti ftw3 block and clean them out
    I'll photo op if anything looks the same

I get in a hurry and often don't document stuff like this just thankful things didn't leak

Almost stripped a x299 prime deluxe mono block screw breaking it down darn things were tight kind of too tight boy just can't get a happy medium
    Do you still have the little QA stickers on the side? If so, feel free to just go ahead and RMA it and save yourself some headache. Otherwise, keep me in the loop with it and let me know if you have any more issues. I'll help you get everything taken care of. If you need some additional block screws, we can send those out, too.

Yeah, please don't remind me about the crypto craze. Those are dark times that are best forgotten...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Raja, tried updating Bios today and get error code 70 and it no longer boots. Tried inserting the USB and hitting the Bios flashback button, but nothing happens.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichKnecht View Post
    Raja, tried updating Bios today and get error code 70 and it no longer boots. Tried inserting the USB and hitting the Bios flashback button, but nothing happens.
    Is it a fat32 formatted drive and have you renamed the file correctly? Details are in section 2-16 (page 64) of the manual.

Chinese New Year so the office is closed until next week. Can’t do much for you until they are back.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 02-06-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast