Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

[QUOTE=JustinThyme;757491
    The Newegg price is a bit lower than others, by $100. Guess the Egg is not subject to tariffs. They just run out of stock quickly and some of the high prices are the usual price gouging practices when products are launched and in limited supply. Sometimes the supply is limited by a demand well past the supply, others its the manufacturer starving the market intentionally. Im thinking the latter has a huge part......tried buying the R6E lately? They are now non existent not because they are bad boards with no one buying them but because that option is being intentionally removed from the field of competition to force this one.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they are being 'removed' but they might be not being produced as much if at all and any stock left might be being held back. Same thing happened with the R5E when the R5E10 came out but the R5E was a disaster to be fair.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 4x8 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p in a bootable VROC RAID 0 / Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Spatha
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Official EKWB Rep Array

Quote Originally Posted by LiveOrDie View Post
    My guess is no they will release a standard VRM block for it and skip the CPU, because if the VRMs are spread out all over the top of the board, then a monoblock would be to large.
    I'm actually waiting myself to see what we do. I think we'll go the split VRM block route just like the Dominus, though. The VRM's go full across the top of the DIMM slots, so spacing is tight and you'd have this T-shaped monoblock. A split design also caters to the delidders.

Official EKWB Rep Array

Umm who to believe? and why bother upgrading the VRM cooling if this EK rep is correct lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    Previous to the x299 platform, I would agree generally with the statement. As we saw with the x299 platforms, many motherboard manufacturers had to change the VRM heatsinks up quite a bit from the way they had it with the original boards coming out. If I remember correctly, this was one of the reasons for the delay of the R6E and R6A. De8auer did a lot of testing and found that with the older heatsinks, the VRM was getting well over 100+C and that it was due to a poor heatsink. By simply putting a fan for active cooling above these early motherboards, fixed the problem. The later motherboards like the R6E and the R6A not only came with a better VRM heatsink but included a little fan to help out.

Bottom line, generally in the past the VRMs would never get so hot that you'd need to worry and if you were doing severe overclocking, most people don't use monoblocks because they are mainly for aesthetics and don't always make full contact with the CPU/VRM that is needed with extreme overclocking.

To clarify what Bright said, delidded CPU's tends to create poor contact with monoblocks. Most VRM's might get warm, but usually not enough to degrade performance. Some boards did have to be fixed to better cool those VRM's, however active cooling fixed most of it. So while watercooling will provide superior cooling temps, your actual performance improvement may be negligible at best. If you're delidding, it's likely to be detrimental due to poorer CPU contact. I love monoblocks and use them every chance I get, but they're mostly aesthetic.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

Quote Originally Posted by EKJake View Post
    To clarify what Bright said, delidded CPU's tends to create poor contact with monoblocks. Most VRM's might get warm, but usually not enough to degrade performance. Some boards did have to be fixed to better cool those VRM's, however active cooling fixed most of it. So while watercooling will provide superior cooling temps, your actual performance improvement may be negligible at best. If you're delidding, it's likely to be detrimental due to poorer CPU contact. I love monoblocks and use them every chance I get, but they're mostly aesthetic.
    Thanks for clearing that up Jake, I changed to a custom copper IHS which fixed the issue with poor contact and the monoblock, I do still wish you guys would release a square cold plate just so it covered the whole CPU rather than just the die area, a number of people here would by it lol.

Official EKWB Rep Array

Thanks for clearing that up Jake, I changed to a custom copper IHS which fixed the issue with poor contact and the monoblock, I do still wish you guys would release a square cold plate just so it covered the whole CPU rather than just the die area, a number of people here would by it lol.
    Send us a support request! Both for that and your preference on Omega cooling

Which IHS did you get? I'd love some options to offer people who want monoblocks and cooler chips.

LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

Send us a support request! Both for that and your preference on Omega cooling

Which IHS did you get? I'd love some options to offer people who want monoblocks and cooler chips.

This IHS by rockitcool
    they made it thicker to fix the issue.

I did send a support ticket before asking why the cold plate is round on all the monoblock vs square and just got this answer back from Ales.

Normally, the monoblock and the CPU coolers do cover mostly only the center of the IHS where the core of the chip produces the most heat from as at the corners, the CPU doesn't produce that much heat as in the middle.

but like I had said to him its a heat spreader so the more coverage is better, like take the 7900x for a example temps on this CPU are higher than a 7920x because the die is smaller, so the same applies to the cold plate on the monoblock and most are square not round like hes applying all your normal waterblocks are square.

Here is a picture of another brand monoblock for the R6E, all I'm asking can't you offer a similar cold plate?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTB10Lxzo9BYBeNjy0Feq6znmFXa6.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	78669

Thanks Jake
    Last edited by LiveOrDie; 02-03-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Official EKWB Rep Array

This IHS by rockitcool
    they made it thicker to fix the issue.

I did send a support ticket before asking why the cold plate is round on all the monoblock vs square and just got this answer back from Ales.

but like I had said to him its a heat spreader so the more coverage is better, like take the 7900x for a example temps on this CPU are higher than a 7920x because the die is smaller, so the same applies to the cold plate on the monoblock and most are square not round like hes applying all your normal waterblocks are square.

Here is a picture of another brand monoblock for the R6E, all I'm asking can't you offer a similar cold plate?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTB10Lxzo9BYBeNjy0Feq6znmFXa6.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	78669

Thanks Jake

I'd really like to start getting some feedback about those. I feel like it's one of those things that we should at least mention on our product pages as far as clarifying an option if someone wants to use a monoblock with a delidded chip.

Let me poke the engineering team and see what they say. I'm actually curious now since I've never really thought about it before.

LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

I'd really like to start getting some feedback about those. I feel like it's one of those things that we should at least mention on our product pages as far as clarifying an option if someone wants to use a monoblock with a delidded chip.

Let me poke the engineering team and see what they say. I'm actually curious now since I've never really thought about it before.
    Yeah seeing most people delid there chips, the refresh would of fixed that issue being soldered.

It will be interesting what your team comes back with thanks again Jake.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Abaidor PC Specs
    Abaidor PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processori9-7940X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C17Q-64GTZR | Trident Z RGB 64GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2WD 10TB Gold
    CPU CoolerEK Rampage VI Monoblock
    CaseC0smos 2 Modded
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i

A square cold plate with either increased height to cater for the IHS difference when the CPU is delidded/relidded would be nice. This or offer a similar IHS to the one Rockit are selling.

You could also sell it as an upgrade to existing Monoblock owners so that the it can be saved...As it stands now it will go hanging on the wall for decoration for those delidding and its a shame since it does look great.

One more note: Please let the engineering team know that the o-rings used int he monoblock contained some kind of lubricant (oil) that leaks inside the loop (yellow color) and although it is not harmful it looks bad. I was lucky to catch most of it before I installed the monoblock in my loop since I run it standalone (for cleaning) through a custom water filter. I could see the yellow-brown stains on the filter after 48 hours.
    Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

Quote Originally Posted by Abaidor View Post
    A square cold plate with either increased height to cater for the IHS difference when the CPU is delidded/relidded would be nice. This or offer a similar IHS to the one Rockit are selling.

You could also sell it as an upgrade to existing Monoblock owners so that the it can be saved...As it stands now it will go hanging on the wall for decoration for those delidding and its a shame since it does look great.

One more note: Please let the engineering team know that the o-rings used int he monoblock contained some kind of lubricant (oil) that leaks inside the loop (yellow color) and although it is not harmful it looks bad. I was lucky to catch most of it before I installed the monoblock in my loop since I run it standalone (for cleaning) through a custom water filter. I could see the yellow-brown stains on the filter after 48 hours.
    I don't see that happening but a square cold plate upgrade would be nice, reason i say i don't is because 95% of these CPU are ether not delidded and theres the refresh now as well which are soldered, people that delid like you said should just op for a custom IHS ether sold by EK or Rockit.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast