Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Necjam43 View Post
    Hi,

I went through the same process - flashback option back to v0218 is the only way to get the Omega back to life and POST OK!

Regarding your older ROG boards, makes you think hey...ASUS just rushing out these new ROG Rampage boards now without thorough testing...shocking

My old Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 with a i7-6900K never ever had an issue, not even one BSOD ! It was rock ******* SOLID !!!

Running Rampage Extreme VI and now Extreme Omega, it's just constant BSOD's on M.2 NVMe's and SATAIII SSD's...

Funny thing is that this whole cavalcade of issues i am having is really Intel's fault. I usually build one, test, and leave it that way. In this case I bought the 7th gen board and a 7th gen i7 and found out later that Intel is pulling this whole few lanes shenanigans. Didn't have to deal with that on 2011v3 or earlier. So I went to upgrade to the 9th gen chip, a couple drops of thermal went onto the socket and it got worse from there.

In retrospect, I should not have been fidding with the CPU or cooler until the system cooled down to room temperature to avoid accidents.

I have had, and still have running: Maximus Formula (The OG), Rampage II Gene, Rampage III Formula, Rampage V Extreme, Rampage VI Extreme.

My Rampage V is still playing all current games at max rez and performance. It's currently acting as my backup in my stacked Core X9 tower and acting as a file server. For some reason Extreme was skimpy on the USB ports and SATA. I had like 10 drives attached to my other system since it was my hub (well, kinda still is). I was happy with the Omega's less flashy nature, thermal pads on the M.2, extra USB ports, and additional copper plane (though I wouldn't need it). But honestly I just don't have time for what should be a minimal amount of configuration and installation.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Necjam43 View Post
    Hi,

Yes i have;

I've just used 1 x NVMe populated at M.2_1 and have issues with booting and running apps resulting in BSOD's.
    Two NVMe's, 1 @ M.2_1 and the other @ M.2_2 and same BSOD's and then 1 NVMe @ DIMM.2_1 & then DIMM.2_1 and DIMM.2_2 populated, all resulting in BSOD reboots.

So, either it's Microsoft Windows 10 PRO RS5 release that's not compatible (native OS drivers) or it's the Samsung NVMe's that need sorting out i.e. Samsung's Firmware & specific OS drivers...something is flaky
    I tried installing the OS onto an AData SSD drive plugged into the SATA port. Never got that far. The system froze up loading the latest Win 10 Pro x64 build from USB formated with Rufus. Though i did get an inch further than without using Rufus.

At this point I have to suspect that *if* the 0402 BIOS has been okay it would have fixed this issue? Just a guess.

ROG Member Array

I have only run mine up on air, on the box lid no OC, but I was able to load W10 from a thumb drive (not sure what version) to a 970 Pro NVME drive on M.1 and connect to the internet and get CPU-Z. Haven't played with it since, trying to get it mounted up and a loop ran right now, but it seemed about like the RVE as far as getting stuff loaded up - maybe even easier, seems like there was some hoops I had to jump through installing the OS on a M.2 back then. Still on 0218, not real big on bios flashing until a clear benefit is outlined.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by GnarlyCharlie View Post
    I have only run mine up on air, on the box lid no OC, but I was able to load W10 from a thumb drive (not sure what version) to a 970 Pro NVME drive on M.1 and connect to the internet and get CPU-Z. Haven't played with it since, trying to get it mounted up and a loop ran right now, but it seemed about like the RVE as far as getting stuff loaded up - maybe even easier, seems like there was some hoops I had to jump through installing the OS on a M.2 back then. Still on 0218, not real big on bios flashing until a clear benefit is outlined.
    Do you have HWInfo? Just curious if some of your readings are off like mine are. For example, the 12V rail is showing 20V (12.1 in bios), DRAM voltage shows 2.56 (set to 1.35), and vccin is at 2.56V and it is set to 1.95 in bios. Other readings are way off too. Waterpump RPM shows as 1300 whereas it is at 4700 and a few fans are off as well.

ROG Member Array

Not running yet, but I can check HWinfo when it's up and running.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus R6EO Bios 0702
    Processori9 9900X @ 4.9 1.28V VCore
    Memory (part number)GSkill F4-3600C16Q2-64GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 2080 Ti Kingpin
    Sound CardCreative SB AE7
    MonitorAsus ROG PG349Q
    Storage #1Intel 905p M.2 360G
    CPU CoolerEKWB Velocity RGB and Revo XRes 140 D5
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus Strix Flare
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II Origin
    OS Windows 10 64

Bios 0402 is no longer on the download page under drivers and tools, but it’s still there under bios and firmware. Guess the server hasn’t updated. *??

ROG Enthusiast Array Aysberg PC Specs
    Aysberg PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-7980XE
    Memory (part number)4 x F4-3200C14-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti GAMING OC
    Sound CardCreative SB Zx
    Monitor1x LG 34GK950G / 2 x HP DreamColor Z27x
    Storage #12 x Samsung NVMe 970 EVO 2TB / Samsung NVMe 3 x 960 EVO 1TB
    Storage #24 x SanDisk SDSSDHII960G
    CPU Coolercuplex kryos NEXT
    CaseLianLi PC-A75X
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
    Mouse Roccat KONE XTD Optical
    Headset AKG K712 + ModMic 5
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 1809
    Network RouterMikroTik CRS317-1G-16S+RM
    Accessory #1 Mellanox ConnectX-3
    Accessory #2 Asus Hyper M.2 X16 Card

Those having problems installing the current Windows 10 build 1809 resulting in BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. This is related to the onboard Wifi controller, you just have to disable Wifi during install. This should be mentioned on an extra paper in the motherboard box.

Yesterday, I got a call from ASUS Germany regarding my BIOS flash problems. They are looking into it and are pulling the BIOS. So things are moving forward. We talked quite a long time and the support was really interested in my experience with this board. Thanks for calling

I did some write up on the hardware resources, PCIe lanes and USB ports, you can find my list in this post.

My verdict so far. First day with the BIOS trouble was a bummer and having this strange "half the RAM phenomenon" wasn't really better. But now everything runs quite smooth and I even think the board is a bit more stable than my RVIE. Would have loved a better PCIe slot placement, a ROG Extreme / Sage fusion would be fantastic.

I want to run a dual GPU setup, plus a HYPER M.2 X16 card. That wouldn't be the big problem. But I have another 10GB fiber card, which needs to sit in the PCI x4 slot. And that one is blocked by the second GPU . When I move the GPU to PCIEX16_3 I cannot use the connectors on the bottom of the board

Thinking of getting rid of the HYPER, and put the two NVMe on the mainboard M.2 sockets, but one is connected to the PCH I am also no friend of having to dismantle my whole system when a drive fails. Who got the idea to put a NVMe between PCIe slots or below a shield?

Another strategy would be to get the PCIex4 slot from an M.2 socket, seems there are cables on the market. Or super flexible x4 riser, which could plug in the slot blocked by the GPU. My first idea was to move the GPU with a riser cable, but I need NVLink so the arrangement of the two cards is limited.
    Last edited by Aysberg; 02-14-2019 at 01:45 AM.

ROG Member Array

Is EKWB making a monoblock for this board?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array G75rog PC Specs
    G75rog PC Specs
    MotherboardR VI Apex
    ProcessorI9-7900X
    Memory (part number)64GB Gskill Trident Z
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII EKWB water block
    Graphics Card #2Waste of PCI lanes in NVME environment
    Sound CardStock
    MonitorLG 34" Ultra Wide3440x1440
    Storage #14ea 960 Pro 2TB, 2ea 970 Evo 2TB
    Storage #21ea 960 Pro 1 TB, 1ea 970 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEKWB CPU, Swiftech Res/pump, 400mm Rad
    CaseThermaltake View 91
    Power SupplyNZXT Hale 90 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    OS W10 64 1809, 1903, Ubuntu Linux
    Network RouterNetgear R9000 + 4ea R9000 AP's, 10 Gb Switch
    Accessory #1 Hyper M.2 X16 V2
    Accessory #2 10GB network via Intel 550 Nic
    Accessory #3 2 10GB Asustor NAS 7000 series

[QUOTE=Aysberg;

Would have loved a better PCIe slot placement, a ROG Extreme / Sage fusion would be fantastic.

[/QUOTE]

Asus does make a X299 Sage board with a single 2066 socket.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
    Is EKWB making a monoblock for this board?
    Probably not more or less will just be a WB for the VRMs.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast