Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array CharlieH PC Specs
    CharlieH PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GT75 TITAN-094
    MotherboardAsus Dominus Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Xeon W-3175X
    Memory (part number)128GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3466C16Q2-128GTZR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #2ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    MonitorHP LP 3065
    Storage #12x 1TB Samsung 970 PRO PCIe NVMe SSD VROC Raid 0
    Storage #22x Intel Optane SSD 900P VROC Raid 0
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity WS - Narrow ILM
    CaseHighSpeed PC Top Desk Tech Station - HPTX
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series, AX1500i and AX1200i
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear XS712T and Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
    Accessory #1 ASUS ROG GeForce RTX Nvlink Bridge with Aura Sync RGB 4 Slot Graphic Cards ROG-NVLINK-4
    Accessory #2 EK-VRM ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme
    Accessory #3 2x HEATKILLER® IV for ASUS RTX 2080 Ti STRIX - ACRYL

Quote Originally Posted by asustts View Post
    Thanks Charlie for the reply. I don't plan to use the raid array as a boot drive, only temporary data. They 970 evos don't show up in the IRST app, apparently only SATA and PCI ports are scanned?
    I've contacted ASUS support and forwarded screen shots (F12) of the various BIOS configurations. Holding out hope; perhaps even a phone support. Their initial response email - see item 4, is NOT an option in my 0504 BIOS . .
    "Can you please confirm if this are the following steps that you have done on settings up the following drives?
    1. This compartment hold M.2 Socket ,insert the M.2 into place. Secure the second M.2 place onto DIMM.2 Module left side.
    2. Go to Advanced->PCH Storage Configuration->SATA Mode Selection, and select Intel RST Premium(RAID
    3. .Go to Advanced->Onboard Devices configuration.
    4. Select M,2_1(DIMM.2) source selection set to PCH.
    5. Go to Save and Exit save and reboot.Go back to see if your new RAID volume is showing up in Advanced-> Intel(R) rapid storage technology and then Create RAID Volume.
    "
    I'll be updating my progress.
    Attachment 79657
    Are you using the IRSTE driver/software and not the IRST driver/software? It sounds to me like you may have installed the wrong one. The IRSTE has the VROC driver in it and can read the VMD controllers with the drives and software can RAID them.

ROG Junior Member Array

So just to verify, there is no way to make the 1 and 2 pci slots run at 16 with the 3rd at x4? Bad placement of the X4 slot.

So drive upgrade needed for me I guess

I guess I could use an X4 riser cable, and attach it down line a bit. Its just for a PCIE SSD :P

ROG Member Array asustts PC Specs
    asustts PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Extreme Omega
    ProcessorIntel 7960X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 4x8GB F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1ASUS RTX 2080
    MonitorDell Ultrawide 1440 - 34"
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro
    Storage #22x 970 EVO
    CPU CoolerHeatkiller custom water loop
    CaseCaseLabs BH8
    Power SupplyCorsair 850HX
    OS Win 10x64

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
    Are you using the IRSTE driver/software and not the IRST driver/software? It sounds to me like you may have installed the wrong one. The IRSTE has the VROC driver in it and can read the VMD controllers with the drives and software can RAID them.
    We're not at the point yet to choose drivers. I'm unable to create an array in the BIOS with Samsung drives on the DIMM.2 module. They're flagged by the VMD controller as unsupported. ASUS support has forwarded the problem to Engineering but I'm not holding out much hope. When I had the Apex VI the only issue as I recall was that the VROC RAID would not be bootable unless Intel drives were installed . .
    Last edited by asustts; 03-27-2019 at 09:18 PM.

CharlieH PC Specs
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #2ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    MonitorHP LP 3065
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 ASUS ROG GeForce RTX Nvlink Bridge with Aura Sync RGB 4 Slot Graphic Cards ROG-NVLINK-4

Quote Originally Posted by asustts View Post
    We're not at the point yet to choose drivers. I'm unable to create an array in the BIOS with Samsung drives on the DIMM.2 module. They're flagged by the VMD controller as unsupported. ASUS support has forwarded the problem to Engineering but I'm not holding out much hope. When I had the Apex VI the only issue as I recall was that the VROC RAID would not be bootable unless Intel drives were installed . .

I am trying to tell you, you do not have to create the raid array in the bios. You can boot into windows and run the IRSTE software and the IAStorU which is in the tray, you double click it, then the gui pops up, then there is a 'Create Volume...' button you can click and create the raid array without the bios. Now you may have the same message the drives are not supported. But you have to be using IRSTE you were using IRST from your posts. Also I can't remember either its been a while if the samsungs can be used as a data drive or not but you will get a warning after you RAID them if that is the case in that same IAStorU gui when you start it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IRSTEGui.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	79737
    Last edited by CharlieH; 03-27-2019 at 10:34 PM.

ROG Member Array asustts PC Specs
    asustts PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Extreme Omega
    ProcessorIntel 7960X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 4x8GB F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1ASUS RTX 2080
    MonitorDell Ultrawide 1440 - 34"
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro
    Storage #22x 970 EVO
    CPU CoolerHeatkiller custom water loop
    CaseCaseLabs BH8
    Power SupplyCorsair 850HX
    OS Win 10x64

I am trying to tell you, you do not have to create the raid array in the bios. You can boot into windows and run the IRSTE software and the IAStorU which is in the tray, you double click it, then the gui pops up, then there is a 'Create Volume...' button you can click and create the raid array without the bios. Now you may have the same message the drives are not supported. But you have to be using IRSTE you were using IRST from your posts. Also I can't remember either its been a while if the samsungs can be used as a data drive or not but you will get a warning after you RAID them if that is the case in that same IAStorU gui when you start it.

Name:	IRSTEGui.png 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	79737
    Well, Thank you very much for that tip! I'm gonna work on this tonite . .

New ROGer Array

Angry My nightmare with the Ramapage VI Extreme Omega - Need Urgent Help

Hello everyone, I'm pretty much out of ideas of what to do here and hopefully someone here might know what to do.

First, my chip is the Intel i9 9980xe
    g.skill RGB RAM(it's compatible)
    These problems have existed under the Rampage Extreme VI(returned and replaced twice). I then went with MSI MEG Creation x299 thinking it might be an issue with the ASUS motherboards, but I still experienced the same problems with this. And currently now with the Rampage VI Extreme Omega.

I have the latest BIOS 0504

My problems:
    First I have two 1080 Ti FTW 3 EVGA cards and they will not run in SLi in the first and second PCI-E slots. The second card ALWAYS gets an error 43 code in device manager. I have RMAed both my cards and EVGA even confirmed they were working perfectly under their test conditions, but what is going on here? I have to run them in the first and 3rd slot to get them to be in SLi(and the 3rd slot runs at 8x speed, not 16x unfortunately). I have the latest drivers for the graphics cards and have used Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall drivers and tried drivers dated back 12 months with no luck. I feel like I've literally tried everything possible to get this to work in the first and second slot but with no luck and every technician I've spoken to say they can't replicate this error.... so frustrating

Now I have a second problem that seemed to have arisen the past week. My 10G Ethernet is running at extremely slow speeds. My service is fiber internet with 1Gbps download and 250 Mbps upload. This WAS working just fine and now all of a sudden I'm getting speeds of 20 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. I just have my service provider technician come to test the hardware and it's only my computer that is experiencing this issue. Every other computer in the house is receiving their proper speeds.

I literally saved up months for this upgrade and all it has done is caused nothing but stress and frustration! The worst part is I sold my old hardware, so I can't go back to that while I troubleshoot.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on? What should I do? I feel so lost and I'm not extremely tech savvy so I might be missing something in the settings, but I don't know. Someone, please save me from this madness!
    Last edited by mretsam; 03-29-2019 at 02:47 AM.

CharlieH PC Specs
    MonitorHP LP 3065
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mretsam View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm pretty much out of ideas of what to do here and hopefully someone here might know what to do.

First, my chip is the Intel i9 9980xe
    g.skill RGB RAM(it's compatible)
    These problems have existed under the Rampage Extreme VI(returned and replaced twice). I then went with MSI MEG Creation x299 thinking it might be an issue with the ASUS motherboards, but I still experienced the same problems with this. And currently now with the Rampage VI Extreme Omega.

I have the latest BIOS 0504

My problems:
    First I have two 1080 Ti FTW 3 EVGA cards and they will not run in SLi in the first and second PCI-E slots. The second card ALWAYS gets an error 43 code in device manager. I have RMAed both my cards and EVGA even confirmed they were working perfectly under their test conditions, but what is going on here? I have to run them in the first and 3rd slot to get them to be in SLi(and the 3rd slot runs at 8x speed, not 16x unfortunately). I have the latest drivers for the graphics cards and have used Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall drivers and tried drivers dated back 12 months with no luck. I feel like I've literally tried everything possible to get this to work in the first and second slot but with no luck and every technician I've spoken to say they can't replicate this error.... so frustrating

Now I have a second problem that seemed to have arisen the past week. My 10G Ethernet is running at extremely slow speeds. My service is fiber internet with 1Gbps download and 250 Mbps upload. This WAS working just fine and now all of a sudden I'm getting speeds of 20 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. I just have my service provider technician come to test the hardware and it's only my computer that is experiencing this issue. Every other computer in the house is receiving their proper speeds.

I literally saved up months for this upgrade and all it has done is caused nothing but stress and frustration! The worst part is I sold my old hardware, so I can't go back to that while I troubleshoot.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on? What should I do? I feel so lost and I'm not extremely tech savvy so I might be missing something in the settings, but I don't know. Someone, please save me from this madness!
    As far as your Aquantia 10GB Nic goes
    1) Make Sure you have the latest Intel MEI Firmware installed
    2) Make sure you have the latest Intel MEI driver installed
    3) Install the latest Aquantia 10Gbs driver
    4) Go to Device Manager, right click the Aquantia NIC under network adapters, go to properties, Then go to advanced properties, and disbale Recv Segment Coalescening (Ipv4)

I don't have the R6E Omega but I have the R6E and I can run the 1st and 3rd pcie slots both at x16 and I do. Check your bios to see if for some reason the 3rd slot has been changed to be x8.

New ROGer Array

As far as your Aquantia 10GB Nic goes
    1) Make Sure you have the latest Intel MEI Firmware installed
    2) Make sure you have the latest Intel MEI driver installed
    3) Install the latest Aquantia 10Gbs driver
    4) Go to Device Manager, right click the Aquantia NIC under network adapters, go to properties, Then go to advanced properties, and disbale Recv Segment Coalescening (Ipv4)

I don't have the R6E Omega but I have the R6E and I can run the 1st and 3rd pcie slots both at x16 and I do. Check your bios to see if for some reason the 3rd slot has been changed to be x8.
    Thank you so much CharlieH! That got my internet speeds back to normal and a huge weight off my shoulders. The graphics cards are still a mystery. Where do you find in BIOS the ability to run the 3rd PCI-E slot in 16x? Ultimately, I'd love to have the second slot work, but if I can get the 3rd slot to be at 16x then all is well.

CharlieH PC Specs
    MonitorHP LP 3065
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mretsam View Post
    Thank you so much CharlieH! That got my internet speeds back to normal and a huge weight off my shoulders. The graphics cards are still a mystery. Where do you find in BIOS the ability to run the 3rd PCI-E slot in 16x? Ultimately, I'd love to have the second slot work, but if I can get the 3rd slot to be at 16x then all is well.
    Well my 3rd slot ran x16 by default. Under advanced there is a list, I can't remember the name but under a sub menu I believe you can set the pcie speeds, I think normally by default they are auto. Both the second and third slot should be there and you can try both (one at a time since you only have 44 lanes total). Not sure if you are using VROC or PCH but both of those take lanes. I think PCH shares with one of the pcie slots like #2 and that might be cutting it to x8. The DIMM.2 card I think can be configured to use 2-8 lanes maybe I cannot remember. Just know when you add up your lanes usage you only get a total of 44.

CharlieH PC Specs
    MonitorHP LP 3065
    OS Windows 10 Pro

So I looked in the Omega manual and saw this, so to get x16 on both cards you must have them in slot 1 & 2, slot 3 can only run at x8:

Name:	OmegaPCIe.png 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	79751
    Also this section of the manual explains where you set the Bus Interface in the BIOS which needs to be set to PCIEX16_1 for your first GPU in slot 1 and PCIEX16_2 for your second GPU in slot 2 to use slot 1&2 as x16 (Since I do not have the BIOS I can't confirm this is exactly right but when you get in there it should be close and you can figure it out):

Name:	OmegaGPUConfig.png 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	79752

This all assumes you have enough lanes, 44 total, and you are not using them else where for the DIMM.2/PCH/extra pcie cards.

If you notice in the manual in that snippet I gave you it says the recommended configuration only works with ASUS GPUs. This may mean/be why you may have to manually configure it when you use EVGA GPUs.

Also make sure your sli bridge is installed correctly. I haven't done sli in a while but in the past they went on both directions and one way was backwards.
    Last edited by CharlieH; 03-29-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast