cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA with M2 make mouse lag at read

jnormen
Level 9
Got problem with mouse. It lags only on read. while starting games, copying files etc.
Has latest bios for my ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA also drivers are all up to date.

I have disabled power options for USB, disable Nvidia audio, Realteak as well. Fast boot etc.

But still same problem. I have an i9 9900k it has 16 PCILanes. I use one RTS 2080 card and 2 m.2 on the mother board own slot (not with extensions cards.)
I also have 2 SATA SDD and 2 old Hard drives 2 Sata.

Can it be that my lanes are suffering and therefore my computer can't handle the mouse at read?

On reading, I got like 2-3% read activity and less than 5-10% CPU usage so nothing is heavily loaded when this happens.
2 REPLIES 2

Menthol
Level 14
Try disconnecting all drives except OS drive, is your games on a separate drive? try mouse in different USB port, do you have an extra mouse to try?

Menthol wrote:
Try disconnecting all drives except OS drive, is your games on a separate drive? try mouse in different USB port, do you have an extra mouse to try?

Yes. My 1st M2 has the OS, my second m.2 has the game.
Have tried other USB ports and another mouse same problem.

But has not tried to remove disk drives. Hard to remove my game m.2 card thought. has a special case so so need to remove kind of all parts to get access to that slot now...

I can try to copy the game to my OS m.2 and see if it still presist so the game m2 is not used.

Did not have this problem on my old Tuf Mark 2 x299 setup.
Used the same m.2 in that setup. Only changes is reinstallation of windows and that I nopw have new motherboard and processor.