Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 vs G703 worth it?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Got a G752VS with a 6700HK and a GTX1070 8GB

Tempted to go up to a G703GI with the 8950HK and GTX1080 8GB

Both have 32GB Ram.

Anyhow, does anyone know if there's any issues or problems the G703 seems to have? Does it stay cool under load given the cooling system? Those vents on the back look small, I'm tempted to mod those with something like this https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71Co4isd7TL._AC._SR360,460.jpg

Anyhow yeah.. Anyone got any feedback on the G703?

I like my G752VS but some issues like the screen eventually getting light bleeds the more you open and close it are irking me.. also I've repaste, and it's hitting 80*C a lot again. My room gets to 40*C so.. I am thinking the G703 will run better in that condition given the extra sinks

Also, the CPU as well.. that looks like it's a lot stronger than the 6700, the games I play seem to get bottlenecked by it.. especially with TSX.

Thoughts?

Looking at one for $2200 USD.
4 REPLIES 4

Racetrack
Level 7
It has excellent cooling. There are vents on both sides as well as the rear on both sides, so the total heatsink surface area is far larger than the G752. That said, the GTX 1080 TDP is much higher than the GTX 1070, so it's required. The out-of-the-box overclock is quite high and ASUS use pretty high voltages, so you can reduce noise and heat massively by just uninstalling Game Centre and doing your own overclocking with appropriate voltages.

It's pretty much better in every way than the G752. The only downside is the price.

Edit: Also, you can remove the bottom of the G703 to easily clean the thing. From what I remember the G751/G752 are an absolute pain to maintain.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Racetrack wrote:
It has excellent cooling. There are vents on both sides as well as the rear on both sides, so the total heatsink surface area is far larger than the G752. That said, the GTX 1080 TDP is much higher than the GTX 1070, so it's required. The out-of-the-box overclock is quite high and ASUS use pretty high voltages, so you can reduce noise and heat massively by just uninstalling Game Centre and doing your own overclocking with appropriate voltages.

It's pretty much better in every way than the G752. The only downside is the price.

Edit: Also, you can remove the bottom of the G703 to easily clean the thing. From what I remember the G751/G752 are an absolute pain to maintain.

Yeah the fact you just take the underplate off and boom it's all there is real easy to clean.. much more than the G752.

Problem is I cannot do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwSuiEEjU-E

So I might buy an extra back plate, and cut holes where the fans are and put some grills there for extra air flow.

I've done the G752 a couple times and it's a pain.. once I washed the sink and by accident the water was hot and made it bow out.. had to bend it by hand back into shape LOL

I guess I'll be getting it then. I hope the hinge is much nicer on the screen.. my biggest reason for it is the 8950 against my current 6700..

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Eh apparently it loses battery over heavy loads while bricks are attached, skip. :f

Wait for the GZ700 Mothership.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server