EHEBrandon
Level 7
Okay so I'm having a bit of a issue before I continue here are the specs:

MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme

CPU: i7 5930k

GPU: MSI 2080

PSU: 750W EVGA

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400

Now that's out of the way basically my PC wont show display CPU led is red and I have no idea why. My CPU and RAM are coming from a old build so I know they work. I bought a new PSU and it seems to work I tried testing it with case fans and another mobo from my old build and it works. I reflashed bios with new and old updates to see if there was an error with flashing but none of those worked. I cleared cmos by pressing the button on the back and removing the battery. I don't think its the GPU because it seems to power on and light up. I just don't know what to do. I never OC'd this is a new build I have the slow switch off. Any advice would help I'm wondering if the board is DOA.
2 REPLIES 2

Vlada011
Level 10
Try to resit CPU and try to boot with another BIOS. You have 2 BIOS.
Button is on bottom of board.

Maybe is good to try with some other BIOS with ASUS BIOS Flashback process.
You have explanation here...

https://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_bios_flashback_guide/

Vlada011 wrote:
Try to resit CPU and try to boot with another BIOS. You have 2 BIOS.
Button is on bottom of board.

Maybe is good to try with some other BIOS with ASUS BIOS Flashback process.
You have explanation here...

https://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_bios_flashback_guide/

Alright CPU light went off now I'm getting q code 70 and the boot drive led is now red. It shuts off the whole PC after 15-30 seconds. Also it seems the flashback usb wont work like the light on it wont turn on at all after holding it down for 5 seconds.

EDIT 1: Okay so I got flashback to work by resetting CMOS again. However I still get q code 70 and boot light led is red still. Also it seems before the boot light led turns red the VGA one turns on and red as well however the red light turns off and the GPU fans turn off as well however the RGB lighting stays on.

EDIT 2: Switched Bios and tried flashing the new update on the second bios. Now it seems the VGA light is off and it detects it on the PCIE slot however the boot light led is still red and the q code is A2 and I get no display. The GPU fans still aren't spinning as well they spin on start though and the RGB light still remains on even after the fans stop.

EDIT 3: Its finally solved and I got it to post and I was able to get Windows installed. So here is what seemed to be the problem. I reflashed bios on both bios it seems bios 2 got corrupted for whatever reason so I switched back to bios 1. I turned off PC replaced CMOS battery once again. I started to get error b6 I then took air cleaner and sprayed out the ram slots, and pcie slots and no joke a ton of dirt got blown out of the slots.. This board was brand new yet it had this much dirt... After I cleaned it all out made sure the GPU was in tack I even replaced the HDMI cable to make sure there wasn't a defective cable. So I tried again and what do you know it posted and its working. If I run into any more problems or if the board acts up again within the next few days I'll post a update.