cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get RAM to work on B450-F AMD A4

Varmintbaby
Level 7
Hi,

I just got an ASUS ROG SWIFT B450-F and was wondering how to set the RAM timing on my mobo? I'm assuming that's what I need to do because just changing the RAM to 3000mhz causes the system to not boot. The RAM is G Skill Aegis 8BG RAM stick. Here is the info off the NewEgg site for it:
DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)
Timing 16-18-18-38
CAS Latency 16
Voltage 1.35V

Where do I put all that info in? I'd be eternally grateful to someone who could point me in the right direction. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
In BIOS on Extreme tweaker tab at the top you will find something like "AI overclock tuner"...in the options for this should be something like DOCP standard or just DOCP...it is an automatic profile for your RAM...select this and then save and exit...and then test stability

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
In BIOS on Extreme tweaker tab at the top you will find something like "AI overclock tuner"...in the options for this should be something like DOCP standard or just DOCP...it is an automatic profile for your RAM...select this and then save and exit...and then test stability

That worked! Thanks so much!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
OK, good stuff!

Hey, I'm down to 1 GSkill Aegis 8GB 3000mhz stick and the system won't boot with the DDR4 3000 selected. The highest I can get is DDR4 2800. What gives with that? I was going to buy a second stick of this RAM but I want it to run at 3000mhz as it's billed to. What am I doing wrong? When I set it to "AUTO" it boots at 2133mhz. Any help would be appreciated. My CPU is a Ryzen 5 26t00 OC'd to 4.1Ghz btw. Thanks.

Edit: Those settings are separate of the DOCP Standard which is still set.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Auto will run at default which is 2133.

You either set DOCP and leave that to manage settings or set up manually.

It's really not a good idea to buy memory that way. Get a single kit...preferably on the QVL for the board

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...