Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse Microsoft PN7-00004 Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One S Bluetooth Gamepad
    Accessory #2 Competition Pro USB arcade joystick SpeedLink SL-6603-SPORTS-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dreano View Post
    Obviously not buying another Asus product. I recently bought a 2080ti and it would have been an Asus one but instead got an MSI 2080ti.
    Not to defend ASUS, which is responsible for inaccurate QC/QA not checking the screen overdrive tuning, but this same inverse ghosting problem has been reported also for XMG, MSI, Acer, Clevo etc.… The problem is probably in these new panels themselves, but of course is ASUS responsibility to check and fine tune them properly (overdrive) on the new product lines

Take a look at the list in 1st message...
    Last edited by hexaae; 05-03-2019 at 07:31 PM.

ROG Member Array

Problem fixed after the last nvidia driver. No ghosting anymore. Thank god, now the games look more like 60 fps I'll edit the post with the version of drivers when i get back home

https://imgur.com/Qv3hOfO
    Last edited by Aedthicz; 05-04-2019 at 08:14 AM.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Aedthicz View Post
    Problem fixed after the last nvidia driver. No ghosting anymore. Thank god, now the games look more like 60 fps I'll edit the post with the version of drivers when i get back home

https://imgur.com/Qv3hOfO
    Really?
    Be sure you tested it with fullscreen exclusive mode games and g-sync ON (more evident).
    Unfortunately also 430.39 and 430.53 are affected by a serious known issue causing BSODs on laptops, so be cautious: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...ion-on-laptop/
    Personally I will skip these 430.xx drivers until NVidia fixes these dangerous BSODs.
    Last edited by hexaae; 05-04-2019 at 01:32 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    Really?
    Be sure you tested it with fullscreen exclusive mode games and g-sync ON (more evident).
    Unfortunately also 430.39 and 430.53 are affected by a serious known issue causing BSODs on laptops, so be cautious: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...ion-on-laptop/
    Personally I will skip these 430.xx drivers until NVidia fixes these dangerous BSODs.
    I had no problems yet. I've been dealing with this ghosting problems before knowing about them. I had like 60 fps in ac odyssey and the game semmed to be like 30 fps. i had no idea why it was like that. Then i found this topic and knew that i wasn't crazy. I though my mouse was jumping over pixels, or something like that, and makes my screen look far worst than it should've. Also, when recording with obs, then was no ghosting in the video, the video that i was watching on my phone, so then it was clear that something's off with my panel. Yesterday i decided to update my drivers, notification with driver available appeared for some time. I updated the driver, and when i get back in Tom Clancy's wildland, something was diffrent, like i had 30 fps, and the game was very clear. So i got back into resident evil 7 biohazard and witcher 3, games where inverse ghostin was more obvious for me, and i couldn't see anything suspicious. It's there any way i can test this to show you exactly how it performs? I don't have a powerful camera to record in slow motion, so i don't know how to record it. If i do it with obs it won't show up on any other screen, as i saw. Sory for my bad english, not my native language, but I try my best

Edit: Inverse ghosting is not something so hard to see, so i'm pretty sure that i don't have it anymore. Have you tried this driver to se if the problem persists?

https://imgur.com/a/rhEQNs0 Nvidia settings that i use
    Last edited by Aedthicz; 05-04-2019 at 04:46 PM.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 x64

I'm not sure we're talking about the same issue when you say "seemed to be like 30fps". Also with inverse ghosting smoothness and video refresh is never affected, you will just notice a ugly trail around the borders of distant objects (e.g. distant trees on the horizon with clear sky in background) when you move the mouse, like the one you can see in the videos posted in the first few messages.
    Overdrive issues can hardly be fixed by software drivers... even though we can't 100% esclude a driver issue despite what NVidia says...
    Last edited by hexaae; 05-04-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7