Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Ok trying to catch it on the camera on my mobile failed, whenever i move one object shows up as several objects. So i googled ghosting and read some articles on blurbusters.

Blurbusters 101 on lcd motion artifacts: https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/lcd-motion-artifacts/

Blurbusters UFO Ghosting test: https://www.testufo.com/ghosting#bac....png&pursuit=1

Looking at the UFO Ghosting test and comparing it to the 101 on lcd artifacts i have trailing edge ghosting but no inverse ghosting coronas. So you with inverse ghosting try blurbusters UFO Ghosting test.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse Microsoft PN7-00004 Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One S Bluetooth Gamepad
    Accessory #2 Competition Pro USB arcade joystick SpeedLink SL-6603-SPORTS-EU

Yes, we already knew those sites, one of those links is already in the very first #msg...
    Please, re-read carefully the thread

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    Yes, we already knew those sites, one of those links is already in the very first #msg...
    Please, re-read carefully the thread
    Sorry, reread the thread and everything is in there, blurbusters, even the 376.06 driver that fixes it on the gl702vs.

But for fun am gonna try the ufo test with 376.06 and 418.81 and see if there are any differences vs 425.31 on my gl702vs.

-edit1-

No difference in the ufo test with any driver, so at least my gl702vs does not have inverse ghosting. But as the first post by hexaae mentions inverse ghosting was only there with g-sync + dx12 on the gl702vs which is fixable with drivers.

-edit2-

But my gl702vs do have ghosting, it looks like somewhere like between pic 2 and 3 on the blurbusters PHOTOS: 60Hz vs 120Hz vs ULMB, not as blurred the 120Hz but nowhere near the sharpness of ULMB.
    Last edited by Stpa67; 04-21-2019 at 03:13 PM. Reason: spelling error(s)

ROG Member Array

No it didn't, tested on GL703GS (and rolled back to 416.94 because of this severe bug: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...vers-gt-416-94 ). Nvidia solved a gfx corrupt bug with colors and lines with some games on GL702VS (can't find the pic ATM but the game was like rendered in colored wireframes only), but the inverse ghosting is not a "corrupt gfx" problem: looks like a HW problem with Overdrive settings in the panel itself
    I don't know about your 703GS but it did fix it on my 702, especially when I toggle full screen on and off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was VERY noticable during the first few seconds after toggling. I did experience inverse ghosting with my unit with other drivers except for 376.06 and 391.X branch. When I updated to Windows 1809 I started to experience inverse ghosting again with the 391.X branch and persisted with a DDU reinstallation. Upgrading to the 425 drivers alleviated the issue (So I basically went from 391.x ->425 drivers. When I read the changelog, I thought that the corrupt GFX were the inverse ghosting artifacts. Seems I was wrong but it fixed the inverse ghosting that happens when toggling fullscreen).

@Stpa67
    It's easy to see, once you know what to look for...

As you can see in this picture the dark trails are caused by screen's inverse ghosting, and it's not a software issue or you should see it for every moving object. In this case is visible where there is more contrast (sky/rocks). While panning camera with mouse at medium speed left-right you should notice it for distant objects, especially where is big contrast (sky with foreground distant objects like trees, foliage...). The trials can be short or longer especially with g-sync on. You'll never see IG for close objects.
    I just installed Rise of the Tomb Raider and in DX12 i get the same "inverse ghosting" lookalike effects in the mountain peak scene, there is a dark shadow on a small section on the right edge of the mountain when panning left and a bright shadow on on a small section of the left edge of the mountain when panning right.

I tried to disable some effects and it looks like the "inverse ghosting" disappears or i didn't notice it anymore when i disable "depth of field", "ambient occlusion" and "tesselation". Maybe some more testing can pinpoint it better.

I don't think this is a display inverse ghosting problem since it only happens in dx12 and disappears when some or all effects are turned off, if the display had inverse ghosting it would show up on the blurbusters UFO ghosting test and in dx11.

-edit1-

I am gonna try som more levels in dx12 mode in Rise of the Tomb Raider but if i notice anymore graphics bugs i will revert back to dx11.

-edit2-

Nah graphical errors in dx12, the graphical errors seems to vanish at medium graphics quality but most likely i will revert to dx11.
    Last edited by Stpa67; 04-22-2019 at 06:04 PM.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma392 View Post
    I don't know about your 703GS but it did fix it on my 702, especially when I toggle full screen on and off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was VERY noticable during the first few seconds after toggling. I did experience inverse ghosting with my unit with other drivers except for 376.06 and 391.X branch. When I updated to Windows 1809 I started to experience inverse ghosting again with the 391.X branch and persisted with a DDU reinstallation. Upgrading to the 425 drivers alleviated the issue (So I basically went from 391.x ->425 drivers. When I read the changelog, I thought that the corrupt GFX were the inverse ghosting artifacts. Seems I was wrong but it fixed the inverse ghosting that happens when toggling fullscreen).
    If you switch from fullscreen exclusive to windowed mode (or borderless window) then there are good chances v-sync + g-sync isn't working properly (old known bug if you follow NVidia official threads). That's probably why you THINK it's gone: it's just alleviated and framerate will probably look a bit less smoother, but the problemi is still there in the LCD panel itself.
    Last edited by hexaae; 04-23-2019 at 11:59 AM.

If you switch from fullscreen exclusive to windowed mode (or borderless window) then there are good chances v-sync + g-sync isn't working properly (old known bug if you follow NVidia official threads). That's probably why you THINK it's gone: it's just alleviated and framerate will probably look a bit less smoother, but the problemi is still there in the LCD panel itself.
    Turned off g-sync for Rise of The Tomb Raider and no more "inverse ghosting" lookalike artifacts in DX12, the game works and feels fine in 120Hz with in-game vsync double buffer, no stuttering or tearing even with maxed out settings in dx12.

So dx11 and g-sync or dx12 without g-sync? i will replay some old Rise of The Tomb Raider and see.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 x64

If you think it could be a software bug by Nvidia please report it here too: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...nvidia-drivers
    Also for Tindreal it was a driver bug, but NVidia always denied that.

ROG Member Array

Well, this thread has blown up since I last posted.
    So, got my laptop back from Asus repair. Took nerly 3 weeks and they replaced the display with....another of the same. this means the inverse ghosting is still there but the black dots/lines have gone (obviously the previous display was corrupt or something similar). I am not at all impressed. In fact it's shameful. I'm writing a letter to Asus detailing this problem and as they have tried to 'fix' it twice and failed I want a replacement (which i know they won't agree to). Still it's important to inform them of this fiasco. Obviously not buying another Asus product. I recently bought a 2080ti and it would have been an Asus one but instead got an MSI 2080ti.

ROG Member Array

This is so annoying for me. I play in 60 fps and looks like 30 because of that ghosting. I would've prefer 120Hz and working well instead of 144Hz and bad. When will asus give an answer to us ? I was searching for a solution but i couldn't find one. The only solution i suppose would be to buy an external display, but It would be a shame to have a 144hz g sync panel that i don't use. I paid extra money for that panel i suppose

https://imgur.com/XMHDrEe

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast