cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Aura Terminal has no connection [Resolved]

spylex
Level 7
Hi guys,
i bought the Aura Terminal and installed it like it is described in the manual.
First i connected it to the RGB Header on my Z370-E. When i start the HALO Software (Halo_SW_1.02.01) it can't connect to the terminal.
So i tried to connect the terminal via USB and it doesn't work too.
The integrated lights are working but the sync doesn't work.
Then i tried the AURA software (1.07.22) but it can't find the terminal neither.

Somebody told me to activate "DRAM SPD Write" in bios but there is still no connection to the terminal.

Somebody can help me with this problem?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The online manual is here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/ROG_Aura_Terminal/Q13951_ROG_AURA_TERMINAL_QSG_WEB.p...

There is a header on the Z370-E for addressable LED strips only, not the ROG Terminal. Connect all lighting strips (up to 4) to the ROG Terminal.

The ROG Terminal can be installed inside or outside of your chassis, whichever the case may be - it requires power and data for Aura Sync and Halo to work (just power for built-in light effects).

For power, you can connect either the bundled power adapter or MOLEX connector to DC IN.

For data, connect to the micro-USB port on the ROG Terminal - any of your USB ports or a USB 2.0 connector on your Z370-E.

Out of curiosity, which graphics card are you running?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The online manual is here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/ROG_Aura_Terminal/Q13951_ROG_AURA_TERMINAL_QSG_WEB.p...

There is a header on the Z370-E for addressable LED strips only, not the ROG Terminal. Connect all lighting strips (up to 4) to the ROG Terminal.

The ROG Terminal can be installed inside or outside of your chassis, whichever the case may be - it requires power and data for Aura Sync and Halo to work (just power for built-in light effects).

For power, you can connect either the bundled power adapter or MOLEX connector to DC IN.

For data, connect to the micro-USB port on the ROG Terminal - any of your USB ports or a USB 2.0 connector on your Z370-E.

Out of curiosity, which graphics card are you running?

Thanks for the quick response 🙂

I connected all lighting strips to the ROG Terminal.

I tried installing the ROG Terminal inside and outside. First i tried installing it inside. So i connected the power with the molex connector and the data with micro usb to a RGB Header on my mainboard (maybe this was a mistake. I will try to connect it to a USB 2.0 connector on my mainboard.

Then i tried the outside installing. I connected the power with the bundled power adapter and the data with the micro usb port on the Terminal to a USB 2.0 , 3.0 and 3.1 Port. But there was still no connection to Halo and Aura.

The built in lights are working.

I have ASUS RTX 2080 STRIX O8G.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
If all the lights are working then power is fine. Halo should detect the Terminal when connected via USB...

Strix RTX 2080, nice!

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
If all the lights are working then power is fine. Halo should detect the Terminal when connected via USB...

Strix RTX 2080, nice!

Maybe i got a broken Terminal?

So i got a broken Terminal. I bought a second one and it works now perfectly!

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Glad you got it sorted, we were having a hard time replicating the issue.