cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio 3 will not auto-switch EQ profiles per application unless it is open

Zammin
Level 9
Hi everyone

I've just set up some new audio gear (studio monitors and a sub) and I've been setting up my different EQ profiles in Sonic Studio 3 for Gaming and Music. In advanced mode I can assign an EQ profile to each application installed on my PC, which is great. However I have noticed that it does not work unless you have Sonic Studio open the whole time, which is a pain in the ass as it doesn't have the ability to start on login or minimize to tray. I assigned the Gaming EQ profile to all my games, and Music for everything else. When I launch a game, if Sonic Studio isn't open it will retain the Music EQ.

I need different settings for gaming and music/video so I really need this functionality to work properly. Can anyone help me?

Cheers.
3 REPLIES 3

mcleod52
Level 8
Zammin wrote:
Hi everyone

I've just set up some new audio gear (studio monitors and a sub) and I've been setting up my different EQ profiles in Sonic Studio 3 for Gaming and Music. In advanced mode I can assign an EQ profile to each application installed on my PC, which is great. However I have noticed that it does not work unless you have Sonic Studio open the whole time, which is a pain in the ass as it doesn't have the ability to start on login or minimize to tray. I assigned the Gaming EQ profile to all my games, and Music for everything else. When I launch a game, if Sonic Studio isn't open it will retain the Music EQ.

I need different settings for gaming and music/video so I really need this functionality to work properly. Can anyone help me?

Cheers.

I'd had mixed results with this software too. I have transitioned to the windows audio settings to handle splitting things out between my headphones (gaming for me) and my speakers and sub for music and anything running from a browser (like youtube).

This page outlines things: https://www.howtogeek.com/352787/how-to-set-per-app-sound-outputs-in-windows-10/

Not certain why you say it does not launch and minimize, it does for me. I let it launch every reboot them terminate the minimized tray icon - it seems to help set things up for me.

mcleod52 wrote:
I'd had mixed results with this software too. I have transitioned to the windows audio settings to handle splitting things out between my headphones (gaming for me) and my speakers and sub for music and anything running from a browser (like youtube).

This page outlines things: https://www.howtogeek.com/352787/how-to-set-per-app-sound-outputs-in-windows-10/

Not certain why you say it does not launch and minimize, it does for me. I let it launch every reboot them terminate the minimized tray icon - it seems to help set things up for me.

Hey thanks for your reply

I use my speakers and sub for gaming as well, it's just hard to tune them to sound great for games and music at the same time, which is where the EQ per application functionality is useful, but not if I have to keep SS3 open the whole time without being able to hide it to the tray. I don't think windows has that functionality either, just device routing.

Is yours the new Windows Platform app (WUP) version? The one that came with my driver set (the only one available for my motherboard) is a WUP app and it cannot minimize to the tray. It will always minimize to the taskbar or close entirely if I exit it. There is nothing available in the app settings except logging in to ASUS webstorage.

If I exit the app it retains the last EQ settings, but it will not switch between EQs for different apps unless I have it open.

Zammin wrote:
Hey thanks for your reply

I use my speakers and sub for gaming as well, it's just hard to tune them to sound great for games and music at the same time, which is where the EQ per application functionality is useful, but not if I have to keep SS3 open the whole time without being able to hide it to the tray. I don't think windows has that functionality either, just device routing.

Is yours the new Windows Platform app (WUP) version? The one that came with my driver set (the only one available for my motherboard) is a WUP app and it cannot minimize to the tray. It will always minimize to the taskbar or close entirely if I exit it. There is nothing available in the app settings except logging in to ASUS webstorage.

If I exit the app it retains the last EQ settings, but it will not switch between EQs for different apps unless I have it open.

I am running Studio III version 3.6.20.45572.