Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Hi i sorry for bumping the thread but tonight im going to take pc apart and clean so anyone have any tips what qcode F4 could be only thing i could find was memory related. Thanks in advance !

New ROGer Array

I cleaned entire pc and replaced gtx 770 with a gtx1060 6gb tried switching ram around, refreshed thermal paste. So i think the next step is buying a new mobo ? Btw the q code was 4f not f4

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Puffnstuff's Avatar

4F in my user manual page 1-34 is DXE IPL is started. On Tom's Hardware a user had a similar problem and it was a corrupted bios. Have you tried completely clearing the bios and deenergizing the mainboard to clear out stray errata?
    Last edited by Puffnstuff; 05-05-2019 at 05:02 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hi thank you for the response, how exactly do i do that ? I did remove the battery and wait a while before replacing it with a new one. But if it needs to be done differently please let me know and i will try it. Cause my next step is replacing the motherboard *

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Puffnstuff's Avatar

Maybe you should hit the clear cmos button and manually restore the settings. If that doesn't work then try reflashing your bios. If that fails then you should probably start looking for another board unless you want to pay to have that one repaired. Personally if mine failed I'd be looking for an amd x570 am4 board to place a zen2 3xxx series upon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2