cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus vii hero 6 short beeps beepcode and doesnt boot

Pordybeer
Level 7
Hi i wanted to check if someone encountered similar problem. My pc began giving a beep code of 6 short beeps couple of seconds silence and 6 short beeps and so on. But after reset it would boot up. But two days ago it gave the same beepcode but now it doesnt boot any more. I have a maximus vii hero motherboard and intel cpu (i believe i7) and a geforce gtx 760. Hope any could point me in the correct direction 🙂

Greets Jordy*
14 REPLIES 14

JustinThyme
Level 13
6 short beep codes indicates failed GPU. Maybe try reseating it and check the power connections, maybe even move the GPU cable to a different port on the PSU. If that doesnt work try a different GPU if you can.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Hey thank you for your reply i reseated the gpu and moved the the cable in the psu before i posted the thread. Bit ill fiddle around with it a bit i didnit in a hurry. I have some time off tomorrow to take the time to try some more stuff and will also vacuum the components. Ill update after. Again ty so much for replying 😄

Puffnstuff
Level 10
What is the qcode when this happens?
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Qcode*:confused:?

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Qcode = the digital readout on the upper right hand corner of the board.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Cool ill check that out ! I thought i had time to work on it but didnt :(*

I was trying to see what the code was and needed to boot and then unplug somecables because of the lenght, and it was going trough numbers 32 33 34 35 etc in btween the beepcode and when the beepcode was giving it showed F4 but probably coincedence but i caught my finger in the case fan and suddenly it booted :S

Inwired it back up and false alarm i needed to reboot because of no keyboard and went back to not booting

Sorry for flooding, but i tried booting without the monitors connected (2) and gave beepcode but after some resets and beeping it booteded so i have a booted pc but that maybe makes it harder to find the problem 😞