Very Strange Q-Code 00 Problems VIII Maximus

mafehx
Level 7
Hi everyone,

Setup:
Secondhand VIII Ranger MB &
a delidded 6700k on it.

Problem:

Installed all stuff into the case and got 00 q-code.
Checked all the typical things that people recommend to check if an 00 code occurs;

• Pins CPU / CPU
  • PSU
  • Reset etc
  • RAM in every possible position/variation
  • and so on... everything was "fine"

• So I put the MB out of the case again and connected everything without case, and voila it worked...
  • Again in the case; 00 code...
  • I thought it must be some unhealthy tension on the board, so let all the screws holding the MB in the case almost tight. And it worked again...
  • Later I tightened the CPU Fan a little bit by screwing, 00 code occured again, loosen the screw a little bit and literally "dragging" on the CPU fan a bit and it worked again...
  • It "booted" while draging the cpu fan a little bit. Dragging a little bit more and booting multiple times there is a time when it works fine without intervention.

I guess I can conclude that jist a little bit of tension on the MB causes 00 Code but is that normal? The PC works stable for 2 days now, but when I "lay down" the tower horizontally, so that the pressure is on the top of the motherboard, it causes shutdown and 00 after some time.

Big sorry for the messy explanation, if you worked through till here; thanks! But the case itself is messy, and there is no other way around describing that "issue".

I'm thankful for every tipp, hint or suspect.
0 REPLIES 0