Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kam1kaz3 View Post
    wait, what if the machine comes without OS? o.O

Most of the ASUS programs will not work. The ASUS Installation Wizard (AsInsWiz.exe) found in the eSupport folder installs many encrypted files that allow the ASUS programs to work. Without first installing the drivers and programs from the eSupport folder later downloads, installation, and operation of those programs from the ASUS Download Center will not be successful.

DO NOT purchase ASUS laptop without preinstalled OS, recovery partition, and eSupport Folder.

Of course purchasing a laptop without an OS means the warranty you have is with the store you bought it from. The store works with ASUS not you. I don't see this as good for the user. If you get the store to take your laptop back, you're at their mercy to work with ASUS to make repairs.

The only reason to purchase computer without OS would be to install Linux, Unix, or some other OS other than Windows.
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

New ROGer Array

Please advice.

Hi

I am doing a clean install of Windows 10 on my ASUS G751JT laptop. The laptop came with Win 8.1 and I've been using it till now. I downloaded the latest Win 10 drivers available on the ASUS website. I also downloaded the driver DVD disc from the German site shared earlier.

My question is, since the driver versions available through the ASUS site and DVD are almost the same (a few drivers on the ASUS website are even newer), is it necessary to install the drivers through the DVD (which installs through the AsIntWiz.exe)? There are a few softwares on the DVD like Steam, X Split Gamecaster, Cyberlink softwares that I have no interest in installing.

Thank you in advance.

It's best to use the ASUS Installation Wizard found in the eSupport folder. When using the ASUS Installation Wizard, hidden and encrypted files are loaded to support several ASUS programs.

Install Windows 10, then use the ASUS Installation Wizard to install all the ASUS drivers and programs, then update your ASUS drivers and programs from the Download Center website.
    Homebuilt Windows Server

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    It's best to use the ASUS Installation Wizard found in the eSupport folder. When using the ASUS Installation Wizard, hidden and encrypted files are loaded to support several ASUS programs.

Install Windows 10, then use the ASUS Installation Wizard to install all the ASUS drivers and programs, then update your ASUS drivers and programs from the Download Center website.
    So should I install all the programs on the DVD including the ones I don't want?

Honestly, I would install everything, then if you don't want a particular program remove it in Control Panel/Programs and features.
    Homebuilt Windows Server

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2