cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Flare profile download

acceler8
Level 8
I can't seem to find anything online about this, so I have a sinking feeling that it may not be possible... Can I download RGB lighting profiles from the internet and apply them (either through Armoury or Aura Sync) to my ROG Strix Flare like I can with the Corsair K70?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

blind1337nedm
Level 7
Probably not. Im trying to find a place to ask things like this but nobody pays attention. I want the issue of only one layer of effect per key, every competitor keyboard can do this, but not the FLARE keyboad. same with sharing and downloading profiles. if i knew the software was so lacking i wouldve spent my hard earned money on a keyboard with functional software. this is the most frustrating purchase i've ever bought.
++ BUMP ++

acceler8
Level 8
It's sad, and it almost feels like I bought a car and the salesman was like "oh, you wanted tires with that??? Yeah, we don't do tires... So enjoy your potato."
So, new question: Has anyone hacked the Asus application(s) to allow 3rd party profiles?

acceler8 wrote:
It's sad, and it almost feels like I bought a car and the salesman was like "oh, you wanted tires with that??? Yeah, we don't do tires... So enjoy your potato."
So, new question: Has anyone hacked the Asus application(s) to allow 3rd party profiles?

Ive heard of Aurora, and it sees and knows I have a ROG strix flare, but i cannot get it working. I haven't tried very hard though. check it out. I think it works with the claymore already.

acceler8
Level 8
Thanks for the tip! I checked out Project Aurora, and it looks very promising. I had the same results (Sees the Strix Flare, but nothing more.) I will keep an eye on it, for sure!