cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xc0000098 error

DjS61
Level 7
Hi Guys, just got my stuff put together (specs below) and started to load Window 10 Pro (USB Install). Turn on the power for the first time and everything seemed fine...fans turned on, RGB lights onboard and memory RGB's all on. Screen post BIOS page pretty much everything is seen by the motherboard then I powered down to install the USB with Windows 10 PRO and upon powering up got this on the screen.

PC Specs:
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
Intel Core i9 7980XE
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64GB 3600Mhz
Samsung 970 PRO NVMe Series 1TB M.2
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition X2
Corsair AX1600i Series PSU

The screen only give me the option to select Windows in 32 or 64 and when selected went back to this page....me lost need help. No other options to choice from.
I must admit this is my first time installing Windows in this way. The last time I installed windows I still used a CD drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks for helping an old fart like me. 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

thr23
Level 9
this error indicates corrupted boot data, so there's probably something wrong with your installation USB. try a fresh Windows copy (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10) on another usb stick.

This is probably not a hardware problem; very unlikely. This is a Windows install issue. Sort out the Windows install disk or USB drive.

thr23 and Riicckk, you both we're dead on and thanks for the link thr23. Right after I got it all downloaded and setup the installation was a breeze. Now I'm ready to attack this build. I'll post the results when done.

Share the knowledge. TY my friends.:)