cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL-AC88U Modem Router Merge 2.4 and 5 GHz Band

Centerten
Level 7
Hello everyone,

the title of my post is basically saying it all. I have recently purchased this modem router and am very happy with the performance. There is one thing I would like to do though and I can't find a solution online and Asus customer support couldn't help me either. I currently have the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz Band running over two seperate SSIDs. In all routers I have had so far (including ASUS ones), there was an option to merge the two bands into one SSID and let each device "choose" automatically which band to used based on needs. However, I couldn't find an option like that in the router utilities.

My firmware version is: v1.10.05 build 502.

Is there any way to set this up?
2 REPLIES 2

cyberlipe
Level 7
just set the same SSID + password on both bands.
🙂

btrach144
Level 7
Centerten wrote:
Hello everyone,

the title of my post is basically saying it all. I have recently purchased this modem router and am very happy with the performance. There is one thing I would like to do though and I can't find a solution online and Asus customer support couldn't help me either. I currently have the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz Band running over two seperate SSIDs. In all routers I have had so far (including ASUS ones), there was an option to merge the two bands into one SSID and let each device "choose" automatically which band to used based on needs. However, I couldn't find an option like that in the router utilities.

My firmware version is: v1.10.05 build 502.

Is there any way to set this up?

Go into the wireless tab and turn on "enable smart connect" This merges the two bands into one.