cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2080 ti 011g oc

Rasput1n
Level 7
Hi guys, I am wondering what your OC is like for this card? In Afterburner, I can get to +150 core and +550 memory. That only puts me at 1888mhz memory and 1810 boost clock. I feel like the card is capable of much more. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

PS: I am running a 750W PSU, and each 8pin on the card is separate (no daisy chain). I have an i5-6600k OC'd to 4ghz, and 32gb ddr4 (4x8).
18 REPLIES 18

x-rated
Level 8
did you rise temperature, voltage and power limit sliders to the max?

x-rated wrote:
did you rise temperature, voltage and power limit sliders to the max?

Yes I have.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Rasput1n wrote:
Hi guys, I am wondering what your OC is like for this card? In Afterburner, I can get to +150 core and +550 memory. That only puts me at 1888mhz memory and 1810 boost clock. I feel like the card is capable of much more. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

PS: I am running a 750W PSU, and each 8pin on the card is separate (no daisy chain). I have an i5-6600k OC'd to 4ghz, and 32gb ddr4 (4x8).

How are you monitoring the boost clock? The actual boost clock under load will be higher than this depending on power, load, and thermal conditions.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
How are you monitoring the boost clock? The actual boost clock under load will be higher than this depending on power, load, and thermal conditions.

Hi, thanks for the response! I am monitoring with GPU-Z in game. My Average clocks in game are around 1850, with a high of 2010. I alt-tab out to desktop and open up gpu-z when the game starts and then set it to average, so I am not collecting data from idling. Not that these numbers are bad by any means, but I feel this card is capable of more. Average temperatures in game are around 72*, peak energy consumption is around 325, and mem clock stays at a constant 1937.5.

I appreciate your time; thank you!

JustinThyme
Level 13
You can monitor GPU clocks with HWinfo running minimized. It will give you current, min, max and avg.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

hdtvnut
Level 7
Using GPU Tweak II on my Strix 011G, I found that 1750 (+100) clock boost and 15500 (7750) mem speed were about the highest I could set to pass the 20 minute Time Spy Extreme stress test. Max boost around 2050-2100 and power +28%. When I pushed mem speed to 16000 (8000), the temperature would elevate above 72, and the test wouldn't finish. Many days now of stress testing at 15500 and no trouble. I think pushing the mem too far may in many cases be why it fails over weeks or days. It seems some mem gets hotter than the GPU temp.

This Max X Hero rig is intended to be air cooled, with a U14S on the 8700K. I have a front TY-143 (2500 rpm 140) confined to the GPU with rear exit, and hooked to its front header; not quite as good as open air. Still experimenting.

menko2
Level 7
My system is similar to yours.

I can't pass from 150mhz core and 800mhz memories.

We are been limited by power while cheaper cards from other brands have more freedom with power.

menko2 wrote:
My system is similar to yours.

I can't pass from 150mhz core and 800mhz memories.

We are been limited by power while cheaper cards from other brands have more freedom with power.

150MHz offset is quite high. Even with a higher TDP, simply increasing the offset slider to 150MHz on the default boost curve will likely result in instability.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
150MHz offset is quite high. Even with a higher TDP, simply increasing the offset slider to 150MHz on the default boost curve will likely result in instability.

I have it like this for 2 weeks and no problems so far with 150mhz in the core.

I run benchmarks and been playing games. All good.

The only thing I didnt touch I'd the voltage. Don't want to risk it.