cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL552VW touchpad lag(blink)

wtfoOtick
Level 7
Purchased used GL552VW, all works nice, but i can't use my touchpad at all.
Cursor frequently try to blink away from where it should be. Dunno why. Gestures works.
Tried using different driver versions, nothing lehps (((
Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
I've had similar problems with laptops in the past when the touchpad had grounding issues. Is this a new machine or used?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I've had similar problems with laptops in the past when the touchpad had grounding issues. Is this a new machine or used?

Used a little, nice condition.

xeromist
Well, I mean did you purchase it directly from a vendor? If you were able to exchange it that might be the easiest solution. If it's preowned and you still have some contact with the previous owner you could ask them if they experienced any oddities with the touchpad.

I'm not sure there's anything you can do with software. You could download the latest driver from the ASUS page and see if it is the same, and if you can find the touchpad component manufacturer's latest driver you could try that.

If it's a physical issue you'd likely have to open the machine. You could check to see if the touchpad cable is loose or damaged. If there isn't anything obvious you might want to see if you can find a replacement on ebay.

For what it's worth I fixed the touchpad on an old G73 by applying some conductive foil tape to the back which helped with grounding but I haven't heard of anyone needing to do that on a GL55.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Well, I mean did you purchase it directly from a vendor? If you were able to exchange it that might be the easiest solution. If it's preowned and you still have some contact with the previous owner you could ask them if they experienced any oddities with the touchpad.

I'm not sure there's anything you can do with software. You could download the latest driver from the ASUS page and see if it is the same, and if you can find the touchpad component manufacturer's latest driver you could try that.

If it's a physical issue you'd likely have to open the machine. You could check to see if the touchpad cable is loose or damaged. If there isn't anything obvious you might want to see if you can find a replacement on ebay.

For what it's worth I fixed the touchpad on an old G73 by applying some conductive foil tape to the back which helped with grounding but I haven't heard of anyone needing to do that on a GL55.

I think I would try to ground it, cause I get it 2 cheap(400$) from guy who want to buy MacBook Pro, for this money would not try to contact him...