New ROGer Array

Question GL552VW touchpad lag(blink)

Purchased used GL552VW, all works nice, but i can't use my touchpad at all.
    Cursor frequently try to blink away from where it should be. Dunno why. Gestures works.
    Tried using different driver versions, nothing lehps (((
    Any suggestions?

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

I've had similar problems with laptops in the past when the touchpad had grounding issues. Is this a new machine or used?
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    I've had similar problems with laptops in the past when the touchpad had grounding issues. Is this a new machine or used?
    Used a little, nice condition.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Well, I mean did you purchase it directly from a vendor? If you were able to exchange it that might be the easiest solution. If it's preowned and you still have some contact with the previous owner you could ask them if they experienced any oddities with the touchpad.

I'm not sure there's anything you can do with software. You could download the latest driver from the ASUS page and see if it is the same, and if you can find the touchpad component manufacturer's latest driver you could try that.

If it's a physical issue you'd likely have to open the machine. You could check to see if the touchpad cable is loose or damaged. If there isn't anything obvious you might want to see if you can find a replacement on ebay.

For what it's worth I fixed the touchpad on an old G73 by applying some conductive foil tape to the back which helped with grounding but I haven't heard of anyone needing to do that on a GL55.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Well, I mean did you purchase it directly from a vendor? If you were able to exchange it that might be the easiest solution. If it's preowned and you still have some contact with the previous owner you could ask them if they experienced any oddities with the touchpad.

I'm not sure there's anything you can do with software. You could download the latest driver from the ASUS page and see if it is the same, and if you can find the touchpad component manufacturer's latest driver you could try that.

If it's a physical issue you'd likely have to open the machine. You could check to see if the touchpad cable is loose or damaged. If there isn't anything obvious you might want to see if you can find a replacement on ebay.

For what it's worth I fixed the touchpad on an old G73 by applying some conductive foil tape to the back which helped with grounding but I haven't heard of anyone needing to do that on a GL55.
    I think I would try to ground it, cause I get it 2 cheap(400$) from guy who want to buy MacBook Pro, for this money would not try to contact him...