Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z390-I / i9 9900k I-GPU issue

hexpod
Level 7
Hi,

I have z390-I / i9 9900k issues.

Not post on I-GPU.
On power up I have red than orange led going on than off. The screen remain dead. no possibility to enter the bios.
Tried hdmi and display port.

I have a post only with hdmi on the external gpu.

Was somebody successful to boot with integrated graphics using intel 9900k??

Thank you
6 REPLIES 6

rjbarker
Level 11
Posted no problem with HDMI to iGPU and older Dell 27" monitor.....1st try....later posted with an older Evga GPU plugged into PCI-E slot (top)...

Hi,

Why you wrote "PCI-E slot (top)" ??

I see your 3dmark scores using MAXIMUS XI EXTREME

I am asking if somebody has managed to post I-GPU on the z390-I (ITX modell) with 9900k

As I tried already two z390-I, I can only suspect 9900k being faulty or a serious hardware/bios compatibility issues.

Thanks

hexpod wrote:
Hi,

I am asking if somebody has managed to post I-GPU on the z390-I (ITX modell) with 9900k

As I tried already two z390-I, I can only suspect 9900k being faulty or a serious hardware/bios compatibility issues.

Thanks

I answered your question:
1. YES I posted no problem with iGPU (no dedicated GPU) - the very first post testing all of my hardware prior to moving into my case and installing WC Loop
2. I also posted no problem using a dedicated GPU

I see your not using an Extreme Board though.....I suggest outting your Computer specs in a Signature so everyone can see your Hardware.

rjbarker wrote:
I answered your question:
1. YES I posted no problem with iGPU (no dedicated GPU) - the very first post testing all of my hardware prior to moving into my case and installing WC Loop
2. I also posted no problem using a dedicated GPU

I see your not using an Extreme Board though.....I suggest outting your Computer specs in a Signature so everyone can see your Hardware.

Hi,

He say he have a Z390-I motherboard with i9-9900k, i think he mean ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming motherboard. But yes it's true that it would be more convenient if he filled his PC specs.

hexpod wrote:
Hi,

I have z390-I / i9 9900k issues.

Not post on I-GPU.
On power up I have red than orange led going on than off. The screen remain dead. no possibility to enter the bios.
Tried hdmi and display port.

I have a post only with hdmi on the external gpu.

Was somebody successful to boot with integrated graphics using intel 9900k??

Thank you
hexpod wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

Can try with the last BIOS 1201 [11/01/2019] for ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming :

- Improve system stability

ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_STRIX_Z390-I_GAMING/ROG-STRIX-Z390-I-GAMING-ASUS-1...

Hardware:

- ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz
- i9 9900k
- NOCTUA NH-L12
- Palit Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11264 MB
- 650w psu

I tried with anoother psu
I tried with anoother ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING Motherboard
I tried with anoother i9 9900k
I tried with another DDR4 (2600Mhz)
I tried with 3 different bios updates
I've reset the bios by shorting two pins (10s) on the right side of the MB.

I am aiming to use a 5 screen setup (3 Samsung tv on NVIDIA GPU, 2 touch screens on I-GPU) which was no problem with my previous system.
As I said, with the hardare listed above, I can post and enter the bios ONLY through my external RTX 2080 Ti.

I have a black screen when I boot with I-GPU only

Is there anybody who was able to enter the bios on this Motherboard and its HDMI or Display Port with 9900k ??

Some good news…

After changing the CPU I got my post for the first time on the MB's Display Port.

Thanks for helping