cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BIOS 0702] HERO XI New Release

mdzcpa
Level 12
I'm not bothering to flash because my system runs really well for me now, but anyone who gives it a whirl please port up results.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-HERO-WI-FI/HelpDesk_BIOS/
11 REPLIES 11

howxcore
Level 10
mdzcpa wrote:
I'm not bothering to flash because my system runs really well for me now, but anyone who gives it a whirl please port up results.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-HERO-WI-FI/HelpDesk_BIOS/

So far so good, installed fine last night... nothing out of the ordinary all day today , everything working as intended so far :cool:

howxcore wrote:
So far so good, installed fine last night... nothing out of the ordinary all day today , everything working as intended so far :cool:

does it still triple start on cold?

SirWaWa wrote:
does it still triple start on cold?

I haven't had a "cold" boot yet as i don't switch off the PSU,

Does updating bios delete saved profiles?

no1yak
Level 8
Hero XI (not Wi-Fi) beta bios 0802 Added AI Overclocking support for i9-9900KF and i7-9700KF CPUs. Also changes i7 8700K micro code form 96 to 9A.
So until I hear that micro code is ok for my 8700 I'll be staying with 0602.

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
Profiles should still be saved, but you'll have to reload it. updating resets everything to default.

bartosz_bruhn
Level 7
Na Maximus XI Formula with 0702 BIOS:
-fix CPU temp on Live Display and Q Code.
-many DRAM frequencies was removed: like 3600MHz. So, as I remeber now I have 3733, then 4000 and then 4233. I dont get it, why it was removed. 3866 or 4133 are very common. When you trying to get max from Your spec, jump over 200 MHz is too high.

mdzcpa
Level 12
I may flash to 0702 this evening just to check the BIOS out. I'd be surprised memory speed selections are reduced.

Well, I loaded up 0702. Seems to run fine. Nothing changed for me.

Maximus XI Formula with 0702 BIOS:
-fix CPU temp on Live Display and Q Code.
-many DRAM frequencies was removed: like 3600MHz. So, as I remeber now I have 3733, then 4000 and then 4233. I dont get it, why it was removed. 3866 or 4133 are very common. When you trying to get max from Your spec, jump over 200 MHz is too high.

I still have all of my memory speeds. Nothing removed for me. Maybe you Disabled some of the memory ratios (see the line above DRAM Frequency where you can enable or disabled odd memory ratios.)