cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with installing Windows 10 on the NvMe Samsung Evo 960

blindman
Level 7
Hi guys.
Does anyone can tell me how can I install Windows 10 on the Samsung Evo 960?
I have tried many different solutions to this problem which I have found on the net, but nothing seems to be working.

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Code
CPU: i7-7700 K
Memory: 32GB 2400 MHz
GPU: at the moment disconnected from the motherboard
19 REPLIES 19

Andy75
Level 7
1. download the programme Rufus
2. chose GPT partition scheme for uefi
3. in format option put "V" in quick format, create a bootable disk using Iso image, create extended lable
4. chose location of windows (iso)
5. start to format and create bootable flash drive
6. in motherboard bios make the flash drive the 1st bootable drive , save and exit
7. installation begins after restart 🙂

Andy75 wrote:
3. in format option put "V" in quick format, create a bootable disk using Iso image, create extended lable
6. in motherboard bios make the flash drive the 1st bootable drive , save and exit

Thanks Andy
I will try this.

Andy75 wrote:

I have followed your instructions, but where do I find the Windows ISO image? I thought it will happen automatically. (picture attached)

blindman wrote:
I have followed your instructions, but where do I find the Windows ISO image? I thought it will happen automatically. (picture attached)

hi.you can find iso image making a request in google

Andy75 wrote:

I have created bootable disk using ISO image. I've shut down the computer, disconnected all other drives, powered it on, the installation started, I've chosen my Evo 960 unallocated storage space, installation progressed all the way up to the restart, I've removed the USB drive, komputer booted up, black screen, BIOS.
I have repeated the process, but this time I haven't removed the USB drive and it went back to the blue screen where the Windows installation process begins.

I think it can be due to:
1. My Evo 960 is faulty (it has been previously installed in my PC and I have had Adobe programs installed on it, no problems)
2. My motherboard is faulty (but Windows installed on my old SSD works fine, no problems there)

I really don't know what else to do, other than try to return the drive and see if the replacement will have the same issues.
If you have any other solutions to my problems, please let me know.

Thanks
Blindman

xeromist
blindman wrote:
Hi guys.
Does anyone can tell me how can I install Windows 10 on the Samsung Evo 960?
I have tried many different solutions to this problem which I have found on the net, but nothing seems to be working.

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Code
CPU: i7-7700 K
Memory: 32GB 2400 MHz
GPU: at the moment disconnected from the motherboard

You haven't stated where things are going wrong.

Make sure the drive is fully seated in the slot
Make a bootable Windows install using the Media Creation Tool and the latest update
Boot from Windows media
Select drive during Windows install

That's it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
You haven't stated where things are going wrong.

Make sure the drive is fully seated in the slot
Make a bootable Windows install using the Media Creation Tool and the latest update
Boot from Windows media
Select drive during Windows install

That's it.

OK this is what I have done:
created a bootable Windows install using the Media Creation Tool and the latest update.
before the install, I have changed the BIOS settings to the below:
Launch CSM - Enabled
Boot Device Control - UEFI and Legacy OPROM
Boot from network devices - UEFI driver first
Boot from storage devices - UEFI driver first
Boot from PCI-E/PCI expansion devices - UEFI driver first

Boot\Secure Boot - Other OS

Saved and Exit

Install from USB media started OK, I have chosen the Evo 960 drive as the one on which the Windows supposed to be installed. All good right until the info, that in order to finish the installation, Windows needs to restart the computer. I 've removed the USB media once my computer went to reboot and.....nothing, black screen and after it goes directly to BIOS. I have tried as well the same procedure, but without removing the USB media while it was rebooting and the process automatically starts from the beginning of installation.

The disk is seen in BIOS but it doesn't want to load windows from it.

Any clues?

xeromist
When you get to the drive selection portion of the Windows 10 install did you delete all partitions on the drive first?

Also, do you have another drive (any old HDD) you can use to test installation?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
When you get to the drive selection portion of the Windows 10 install did you delete all partitions on the drive first?

Also, do you have another drive (any old HDD) you can use to test installation?

1. Yes, I did. - unallocated space.
2. To be sure that the Win10 media USB is not corrupted, I have installed Win10 on my old SSD and it worked the first time without any problems.

So far nothing worked. I will try to do the ISO image using Rufus, maybe this will help.