cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I7-8700k 5ghz 1.250V is it possible? how long should i stress test my cpu?

geneson
Level 7

Im new to overclocking i want to know how can i find out if my OC settings is stable, do i need to fry my CPU doing 24hrs stress test or is there any other way?
it feels like theres something wrong , Did the Silicon God blessed me with a good chip ? or im just doing something wrong? *i * RealBench 30mins
Prime 30 mins
Cinebench some couple of runs
so far no crash or BSOD

My Oc setting are:

All cores 5.0ghz
core V = 1.250v
AVX = 0
LLC = 6

I7 8700k not delidded
maximus x hero
kraken x 62
strix rtx 2080
corsair rm750x
13 REPLIES 13

x-rated
Level 8
if you dont test with latest avx enabled prime95, then you don't need much voltage 🙂

x-rated wrote:
if you dont test with latest avx enabled prime95, then you don't need much voltage 🙂

i have to check that, and how long do i need to run the latest prime 95?

x-rated
Level 8
at least an hour would be sufficient

The last stress I ran was Aida64 with CPU, FPU, Cache and System memory. It BSOD'd after 30 minutes. Try running Aida64 and see what happens but you need to run it for an hour minimum. I hit 95C on Core #3

CPU 5.0Ghz
LLC4
CPU Voltage 1.29V
G-Skill 16Gb 3200 OC with XMP.

I have 8700k
Maximus XI Hero
Deepcool 280AIO

Let us know how you go with Aida64, I'd would be very interested to compare.

walrbe wrote:
The last stress I ran was Aida64 with CPU, FPU, Cache and System memory. It BSOD'd after 30 minutes. Try running Aida64 and see what happens but you need to run it for an hour minimum. I hit 95C on Core #3

CPU 5.0Ghz
LLC4
CPU Voltage 1.29V

I have 8700k
Maximus XI Hero
Deepcool 280AIO

sure, i'll do that, i'll post the results after work

walrbe wrote:

CPU 5.0Ghz
LLC4
CPU Voltage 1.29V

I have 8700k
Maximus XI Hero
Deepcool 280AIO

i still used the same settings as before and test it for 1 hour, no crash no bsod.
surprisingly Aida64 is not as brutal to the cpu as i thought it would be compare to Asus RealBench .

All cores 5.0ghz
core V = 1.250v
AVX = 0
LLC = 6
16gb gskill trident 3200xmp

I7 8700k not delidded
maximus x hero
kraken x 62
strix rtx 2080
corsair rm750x

Looks good to me, I'd be happy with that!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
When you test with RealBench it's probably worth it to select total system memory to give it a proper stressing...i.e. 16GB in your case rather than 8

Prime 95 is a truly outdated test of stability IMO that has little relevance for modern system stability testing....just another internet meme at this point

Great shame that ASUS don't appear able to do any software right and haven't updated RB

However if you are stable for what you do every day on your PC then that's what counts. No need to pander to other people's ideas of stability testing...including mine 😮

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
When you test with RealBench it's probably worth it to select total system memory to give it a proper stressing...i.e. 16GB in your case rather than 8

Prime 95 is a truly outdated test of stability IMO that has little relevance for modern system stability testing....just another internet meme at this point

Great shame that ASUS don't appear able to do any software right and haven't updated RB

However if you are stable for what you do every day on your PC then that's what counts. No need to pander to other people's ideas of stability testing...including mine 😮

Agree totally, I could go crazy trying all the various bench tests.