cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Own a G series notebook and trying to run GPU Tweak? - See here

X-ROG
Level 15
Unfortunate news is that after discussion with the GPU Tweak team, notebook GPUs are not currently supported and might not be for a while due to desktop hardware refinements and demands (PCIe graphics cards have more OC, power delivery and cooling overhead) and other feature developments (video recording etc) first. We'll update you when we know more.
18 REPLIES 18

TonyNRG
Level 7
It's sad, I'll be waiting for full replacement of "MSI Afterburner" from ASUS developers, and with my favorite brand design.

It will be great, if GPU Tweak developers will think about including in this utility some function from ThrottleStop, that users can tweak Notebook CPU and resolve some issues (like i7 throttling and low FPS in games etc.). I think that ASUS ROG G series must be a true symbol of gaming laptops, and it's can't be done while "G" users don't have a 100% useful AIO tool for OS/hardware tweaking.
ASUS G74SX - i7-2670QM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M with 3GB (900\1800\1500), 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, 500GB+500GB 7200rpm WD Scorpio Black, Full HD 3D (1920x1080 120Hz) LED

TonyNRG
Level 7
Hello again,

Any news about G series compatibility?
ASUS G74SX - i7-2670QM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M with 3GB (900\1800\1500), 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, 500GB+500GB 7200rpm WD Scorpio Black, Full HD 3D (1920x1080 120Hz) LED

X-ROG
Level 15
Until further notice it won't be added sorry.

Well thanks for nothing yet again. After spending over $1000 for this laptop the one thing that this Datsun needs is a way to manage the fans and cores (the laptop I bought was actually advertised as having such software built in... another lie) to help control the overheating issue that these things get after they're 2 months old. I'm lucky enough to have an old version that still works with the G-series and it's the only thing keeping the GPU below 100c, and the power supply from melting right out of the back of my laptop... Which I'm going to have to eventually replace because it's starting to fail from constantly running at well over 100c (if I'm not careful pressing the power button can result in burns). I know Asus doesn't really care because they already got my $1500, and naturally it didn't start reaching these death defying temperatures until after the warranty ended. I used to be a die-hard-loyal customer of Asus. Buying this laptop has opened my eyes to the kind of garbage we can expect from Asus in the future. I think I'll buy Japanese from now on.
Failure to allow a G-series compatible version is like a slap in the face to the people who bought what is most likely the most expensive (if not second) product Asus sells. What? Is it because these Laptops don't sell as well as Asus would like? Well I'll tell you I bought one and I can see why. Even all the reviews before I bought it said that the G-Series was every bit as garbage as the Alienware and suggested buying the Asus purely because one can get the same quality of garbage as Alienware at a better price. None of the Asus utilities that came with my computer work, I can't use the camera, the USB ports are failing, and I burn the heck out of myself every time I want to touch the keyboard. I accept as stated clearly in the OP that you all don't give a rat's banana about the G-series community, but can't we at least have a cool bit of software too? Even if I replace the cooling goop at intervals, The life of the GPU would be considerably extended by forcing it not to run at full power... which also keeps it cooler... which is important in a device prone to overheating... or would be important if you gave a durn about your customers or the products you sell us outside of how much money you can suck from us. Better to give us garbage that will die in a year after purchase forcing us to buy another one. So yeah, I understand that making software that will extend the life of my laptop available would reduce the amount of people that have to re-buy a new machine, which means less money for you. Who cares If we don't like it? Forums are easy to ignore and e-mails are easy to delete and support chat software is real easy to base in the UK then have it's open hours only five minutes a week so no one can get a hold of you and complain or ask annoying questions.

Please reconsider

X-ROG
Level 15
Dear Areppon - which model exactly? >100C sounds very wrong and should be RMA'd

c_man
Level 11
Performance settings in bios for all G series and this little baby should be a nice feature for Asus owners. It's not that hard to make them happen.

mrwolf
Level 10
Yea i agree.. Us Gseries ownder demand some ROG GPU tweak software 😛

If MSI afterburner can do it why cant you guys..?

I'm new to gaming, actually a total newb. but when i upgraded my old desktop i decided to go all out and spend $1200 on a notebook that was everything i believed it to be based on the marketing and reviews i saw.

well guess what? i could have spent a lot less money and got something that i actually could tweak and crank. right now i've got a system that appears to be not well supported by either Asus or Nvidia., nor i can i find the tools that work (ie this thread). i guess i'm somewhat happy so far, but hey, i don't really know any better (as in "ignorance is bliss"?)... 😞 i REALLY feel that i paid too much money based on the total lack of support from both vendors mentioned above. anyways, that's my 2 cents. wish i had spent my $1200 somewhere else... sorry.

This doesnt make any sense.
Gpu tweak was shipped with my system.
It came pre-installed on my g74sx-dh72.
What's the deal?