Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I have Aura mobo and it defaults to rainbow vomit every time it's powered off or on.
    I'd like to know if there's a fix out there for this.

I found this:
    "Hey guys for everyone who's still interested... I ACTUALLY HAVE A SOLUTION!!!!
    it took me several hours to figure this out, but it was fairly important, since this is a show PC...
    Windows is messing with the sys files on boot for some reason, and you can prevent this by unchecking the fastboot option in Windows 10.

To do this, press win+x
    In the power Options chose what the power buttons do
    Show unavailable options
    Disable fast startup

To do this, your boot settings have to be UEFI and the os has to have control over some stuff I can't remember exactly what I checked tho... If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them "

But this don't work for me. How can I set boot settings to UEFI? I have Z-370F Gaming.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Same here settings never stay the same after boot up!! I always have to go in and change to my proper setting. How hard is it to have a working rgb program.

ROG Member Array

Here is fix on Linus forums, but don't work for me - https://linustechtips.com/topic/8413...sing-settings/

I saw new Asus software called aura creator. This is sh... I can't set brightness anymore and app is hard to use.

ROG Member Array Affekt1 PC Specs
    Affekt1 PC Specs
    Motherboardasus rog z390 maximus XI apex
    Processorintel core i9 9900k
    Memory (part number)g.skill trident z rgb f4-3200c14d-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1asus rtx 3080 rog strix oc
    Sound Cardcreative sound blaster z
    Monitoracer predator xb271hut tobii
    Storage #1ocz vertex 4 256 gb, samsung evo 860 2tb
    Storage #2wd ultrastar 2tb
    CPU Coolerthermaltake water 3.0 riing rgb 360
    Casecooler master h500m
    Power Supplythermaltake toughpower grand rgb 1050w platinum
    Keyboard logitech g513 carbon linear switch
    Mouse logitech g403 prodigy wireless
    Headset/Speakers presonus eris e4.5
    OS windows 10 pro 64

Dear developers, please add backlight support to the rtx 3080 strix video card via aura sync. Aura sync version 1.07.79 V2.2 unfortunately does not see the video card.
    Last edited by Affekt1; 11-27-2020 at 01:23 AM.

ROG Member Array evlqueen1186 PC Specs
    evlqueen1186 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)2014 MacBook Air i5/4GB
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN 7 1800X
    Memory (part number)4*8 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series DDR4-3000
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX AMD Radeon RX 6800 OC Edition
    MonitorLG 34UM59-P 34" 21:9 2560x1080 monitor, Samsung LC27F396FHNXZA 27" Curved 1080p monitor
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe SSD
    Storage #2Asus ROG STRIX Arion with 500GB Intel H10 NVMe SSD
    CPU CoolerPhanteks Glacier One 280mp AIO
    CasePhanteks Evolv ATX PH-ES515E_AG - Phanteks replacement Tempered glass panel
    Power SupplyRAIDMAX RX-1000AP-S 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G815 tactile
    Mouse Logitech G703 & Logi MX Vertical
    Headset Skullcandy Crusher Wireless
    Headset/Speakers G560 LIGHTSYNC PC Gaming Speaker
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTPLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 ASUS ROG Aura Terminal
    Accessory #2 Cablemod Extension Kit 2x6pin series Carbon

Anybody use an xbox controller with their PC

Every time I connect my xbox controller(s) to my PC the lighting service dies and all of my aura-controlled lighting freezes. I have yet to figure that one out. Below is a screencap of the windows error log at the time it happened earlier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-05 001102.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	87463

Anybody experience this or have a fix? Google seems to turn up that I'm the only person in the world with this problem... maybe it's because I'm one of few people who both has Aura and uses an xbox one s controller with my pc.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Where can I get the latest version of Aura Sync? My motherboard is the Crosshair VI Extreme. I think I read that Armoury Crate has it built in but that software seems like a big mess.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Al3xG PC Specs
    Al3xG PC Specs
    MotherboardB360-F Gaming
    Processori7-8700
    Graphics Card #1Strix 3080 OC
    Monitor27UK650 4k
    Power Supply750w
    Keyboard Strix Flare
    Mouse Gladius 2 Origin
    Headset Delta C
    Mouse Pad Balteus
    OS Win 10 20H2
    Accessory #1 Aura Terminal

Quote Originally Posted by evlqueen1186 View Post
    Every time I connect my xbox controller(s) to my PC the lighting service dies and all of my aura-controlled lighting freezes. I have yet to figure that one out. Below is a screencap of the windows error log at the time it happened earlier.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-05 001102.jpg 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	87463

Anybody experience this or have a fix? Google seems to turn up that I'm the only person in the world with this problem... maybe it's because I'm one of few people who both has Aura and uses an xbox one s controller with my pc.
    I have the same issue. When i connect or disconnect xbox one controller to my PC using USB bluetooth module the lightningservice.exe crashes every time. Its annoying... The issue persist in new AURA Crate SW too.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by piotrl View Post
    I have Aura mobo and it defaults to rainbow vomit every time it's powered off or on.
    I'd like to know if there's a fix out there for this.

I found this:
    "Hey guys for everyone who's still interested... I ACTUALLY HAVE A SOLUTION!!!!
    it took me several hours to figure this out, but it was fairly important, since this is a show PC...
    Windows is messing with the sys files on boot for some reason, and you can prevent this by unchecking the fastboot option in Windows 10.

To do this, press win+x
    In the power Options chose what the power buttons do
    Show unavailable options
    Disable fast startup

To do this, your boot settings have to be UEFI and the os has to have control over some stuff I can't remember exactly what I checked tho... If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them "

But this don't work for me. How can I set boot settings to UEFI? I have Z-370F Gaming.
    REPORT ANY ISSUES HERE

All I see since November is cricket cricket. Seriously?

The quoted post (first post on this page from 11/17/20) is the exact reason I came here looking for a new version of Aura Sync. Currently using v. 1.07.71 but why bother getting the version this thread is about if since November the rainbow vomit restart issue is still going on with this version. I mean is it that hard for Asus to get programmers for Aura that actually know what they are doing outside of making rainbow vomit? I get it that's what RGB started as just rainbow colors but many of us have moved beyond that to running custom flows and or colors. I mean Corsair has it down with their products and they also somewhat tried to work in Asus RGB although they don't intend to really do anything else with it.

It would be great for DRGB headers and ram to actually keep settings if the computer is restarted but noooo every single time it comes back with 5050 rgb strips and my EK pump white like they should be from my Z390I but the DRGB header which is for my EK cpu block and my Gskill ram are a rainbow mess. So every time I have to open Aura back up change the setting from Rainbow to Static and manually edit each and every RGB zone to set my ram right and change the cpu block lighting. I don't dare reboot unless I have to or I'm forced into doing this all over again.

Getting to the point I'm about to sell my ram and go with Corsair so I can link it with iCUE that actually works properly and ALWAYS has my settings for the ram right when I restart . How do I know this? Because it works right on my previous XI Formula and my current XII Formula on my game rig. Do better Asus I know I've sunk a metric ton of money into your products and plenty other customers have also.

Also why the heck isn't there an option to do something as simple as cycle colors based on a users preference yet? I mean come on seriously? If it's not static it's some form of vomit.

New ROGer Array

Asus and Corsair Commander

1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware.
    ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING - BIOS Version 2004 2021/01/15
    2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software.
    ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING and Corsair Commander Pro with lighting node
    3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute)
    none
    4. If you have tried reinstalling Aura or Windows already.
    4 times
    5. Do you have Aura for Graphics Cards installed also. (Please uninstall)
    No
    6. Windows Edition, Version, and OS build.
    windows Pro 20H2
    7. If the same issue was present in the previous version(s).
    no clear builde and install
    8. State clearly the issue(s) you are experiencing.

System Lockup no Response from anything system reboot Reliability monitor shows either Asus or Corsair Link 4 service or Aura Sync

I Have searched on the Forums for Asus and Corsair as well as Windows 10 to find a solution so far I cannot so if it continues I will have to stop using 1 of them which looks like the corsair Commander Link 4

Moderator Array ROG Guy PC Specs
    ROG Guy PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG Zephyrus G14
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Impact
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-32GTZN
    Graphics Card #1ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 10G
    MonitorROG Strix XG32VQR
    CaseLian Li TU150
    Power SupplyCorsair SF750
    Keyboard ROG Falchion
    Mouse ROG Keris
    Headset ROG Delta
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard II
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AX86U

Name:	ROG Delta S error.PNG 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	88141

The ROG Delta S can't be detected. I already tried to update it. It seemed to work because it's not asking to be updated anymore, but it won't let get get through this every time I want to tinker with its settings.

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast