Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 330
  1. #161
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    the software now will not load just gives me Aura has stopped working, and when i try to remove the software i get a error An installation support file could not be installed. Now what as i cant even remove the software now, i swear this is the LAST time i am buying any ASUS stuff, you guys cant even make this software work right after 1 year very disappointed



    also motherboard bios is updated
    bios setting for rgb memory to work is enabled
    windows 10 is updated
    so why will this rgb software not work?

  2. #162
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    My ROG Strix Z390-E I/O shiled RGB light doesn't lit anymore. no matter what version AuRA i installed and numerous BIOS version tried. Even tried clearing CMOS RTC. This is seriously unacceptable for consumer like us had to paid a premium price for ROG series of motherboard but to failed miserably on getting RGB fix right away.

  3. #163
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by razorback85 View Post
    My ROG Strix Z390-E I/O shiled RGB light doesn't lit anymore. no matter what version AuRA i installed and numerous BIOS version tried. Even tried clearing CMOS RTC. This is seriously unacceptable for consumer like us had to paid a premium price for ROG series of motherboard but to failed miserably on getting RGB fix right away.
    They did not fix the EasyAntiCheat issue so far, and thats a pretty basic thing...dissapointed with asus software division...

  4. #164
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    124
    Posts
    1,818

    Quote Originally Posted by XPredator13 View Post
    They did not fix the EasyAntiCheat issue so far, and thats a pretty basic thing...dissapointed with asus software division...
    What game and W10 build? No issues with Anticheat here and Aura. If you're using Insider Preview builds this sometimes doesn't play well with EasyAntiCheat.

  5. #165
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Dear ASUS,

    I have an ROG Maximus X Code motherboard and an ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC graphics card. I am currently using the latest version of AURA Sync. Everything besides the Static, Breathing, Color Cycle and Smart modes is broken. The Rainbow, Music, Strobing, and Wave modes lag badly (you can visibly see the lighting inside the case stuttering heavily, instead of having smooth transitions). Finally, the Comet, Flash and Dash, Glowing Yoyo and Starry-Night modes don't work at all (the lighting will either remain static or turn off completely).

    Is all this caused by the AURA Sync software having bugs or did I receive defective hardware? I'd like to note that I've had these issues ever since I purchased the hardware one year ago, and despite the various AURA Sync updates, the same issues persist to this day, which leads me to believe something might be wrong with the products that I received.
    Last edited by IllusionGate; 04-08-2019 at 04:50 AM.

  6. #166
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by IllusionGate View Post
    Dear ASUS,

    I have an ROG Maximus X Code motherboard and an ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC graphics card. I am currently using the latest version of AURA Sync. Everything besides the Static, Breathing, Color Cycle and Smart modes is broken. The Rainbow, Music, Strobing, and Wave modes lag badly (you can visibly see the lighting inside the case stuttering heavily, instead of having smooth transitions). Finally, the Comet, Flash and Dash, Glowing Yoyo and Starry-Night modes don't work at all (the lighting will either remain static or turn off completely).

    Is all this caused by the AURA Sync software having bugs or did I receive defective hardware? I'd like to note that I've had these issues ever since I purchased the hardware one year ago, and despite the various AURA Sync updates, the same issues persist to this day, which leads me to believe something might be wrong with the products that I received.
    On RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 the same problems, the most stable version for me is 1.06.17

  7. #167
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    28

    Once again does a new Aura update kill my RGB!
    Havent been able to use the last 2-3 versions and this doesnt work either!
    In the past I got the no device error when opening up Aura - solved by going back to prev version.
    On this version the only thing that works is the ram rgb, no other device is found (see picture1)

    1.06.17 works flawlessly and thats the one I´ve been forced to use since I bought the motherboard, any newer version kills the rgb.
    As see on picture 2, all newer Aura versions have less installers included? These missing installers is what makes Aura rgb work on my system...
    Next issue that I dont see why u fix is that the whole rgb profile uve set up vanishes if u uninstall the gpu driver to install a newer one - cant be so hard and implement a save profile function for the rgb uve taken time to set up? :/

    So, what is going on Asus?

    What ive tried is:
    Used Revo Uninstaller to wipe every Asus software on my pc including wiping any registry entrys.
    Used the Asus Aura wipe tool..
    Cleared CMOS several times
    Power cycled

    Maximus X Hero (wi-fi) Z370 (latest bios)
    Asus Strix OC 1080Ti
    G.Skill Trident-Z rgb
    Latest win 10 pro
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos aur.png  

    aur2.png  

    Last edited by Chrizzy; 04-09-2019 at 11:18 PM.

  8. #168
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    I've been having the same issue. Trying to get support for 2 weeks now and there doesn't seem to be anyone on here who can actually help as literally no one has responded. Thanks for mentioned that 1.06.17 works, I'm going to roll back to that version now. Good luck getting any help at all...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrizzy View Post
    Once again does a new Aura update kill my RGB!
    Havent been able to use the last 2-3 versions and this doesnt work either!
    In the past I got the no device error when opening up Aura - solved by going back to prev version.
    On this version the only thing that works is the ram rgb, no other device is found (see picture1)

    1.06.17 works flawlessly and thats the one I´ve been forced to use since I bought the motherboard, any newer version kills the rgb.
    As see on picture 2, all newer Aura versions have less installers included? These missing installers is what makes Aura rgb work on my system...
    Next issue that I dont see why u fix is that the whole rgb profile uve set up vanishes if u uninstall the gpu driver to install a newer one - cant be so hard and implement a save profile function for the rgb uve taken time to set up? :/

    So, what is going on Asus?

    What ive tried is:
    Used Revo Uninstaller to wipe every Asus software on my pc including wiping any registry entrys.
    Used the Asus Aura wipe tool..
    Cleared CMOS several times
    Power cycled

    Maximus X Hero (wi-fi) Z370 (latest bios)
    Asus Strix OC 1080Ti
    G.Skill Trident-Z rgb
    Latest win 10 pro

  9. #169
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware.
    ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, BIOS 4602

    2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software.
    ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING, Asus ROG Addressable LED Strip 30 cm

    3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute)
    No

    4. If you have tried reinstalling Aura or Windows already.
    Yes, Windows once, AURA several times

    5. Do you have Aura for Graphics Cards installed also. (Please uninstall)
    No

    6. Windows Edition, Version, and OS build.
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Version 1809, Build 17763.437

    7. If the same issue was present in the previous version(s).
    Only working Version is 1.06.17, but this version doesn't detect my GPU

    8. State clearly the issue(s) you are experiencing.
    I'm always getting the error, that no compatible devices are found. This happens on every version of Aura, except 1.06.17. But that version doesn't detect my GPU.

  10. #170
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Is there a way to choose individual components lighting settings? I can only seem to use the Sync All setting.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •