cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS PG27UQ Fan noise. Any solution?

MontanaTT
Level 7
I bought the PG27UQ a few months ago. And I still couldn't get used to the fan noise at all. I have a perfectly silent water cooled PC with 6 fans, that can't be heard at all. The monitor is freaking loud compared to the PC.
Are there any solutions in this regard? Has anyone tried to exchange the fan with another more silent one?
Any help that would reduce the fan noise of the PG27UQ is very welcome as I don't want to deal with that noise any longer.
17 REPLIES 17

cars10
Level 8
MontanaTT wrote:
I bought the PG27UQ a few months ago. And I still couldn't get used to the fan noise at all. I have a perfectly silent water cooled PC with 6 fans, that can't be heard at all. The monitor is freaking loud compared to the PC.
Are there any solutions in this regard? Has anyone tried to exchange the fan with another more silent one?
Any help that would reduce the fan noise of the PG27UQ is very welcome as I don't want to deal with that noise any longer.

send it bock, or mod it yourself.

it is absolutely ridiculous

Psycrow
Level 11
Its a new sound to get use to..like a pair of new shoes that dosent fit 100 % because you need to walk in them and make em ur dayli usual shoes 🙂
Ect in my room i often hear the heater or the watch goes tic tac, but when you sit and play games with music and sound, then you dont hear the fan.
Its best just to get use to it.

Why the fan is always ON is my question.. When i switch monitor off, the fan keeps running ? WHY

Phrancky wrote:
Why the fan is always ON is my question.. When i switch monitor off, the fan keeps running ? WHY

Mine is also doing the same thing, i disconnected all the cables and still as long as the power cable is connected the fan is running. I'm wondering if this is a normal behavior with the monitor. I have an open RMA regarding the fan because of it not turning off and I've noticed it getting louder over time. Are you also experiencing this? I'm hesitant to ship out the monitor to them for support to send it back saying nothing is wrong.

cyrax2768 wrote:
Mine is also doing the same thing, i disconnected all the cables and still as long as the power cable is connected the fan is running. I'm wondering if this is a normal behavior with the monitor. I have an open RMA regarding the fan because of it not turning off and I've noticed it getting louder over time. Are you also experiencing this? I'm hesitant to ship out the monitor to them for support to send it back saying nothing is wrong.

It is getting louder because it is alway s on collecting dust. I have no clue why it is and for a 2500€ monitor it is pretty strange. Or we just don't get it and can't find the off switchv:) People laugh when they see me disconnecting cable... WTF and that is a 2500€ monitor haha

If your fan is annoying you then its most likely busted. Mine used to be dead silent and started making 80decibels of noise. It was crazy. I had to send it for repair. They fixed the fan problem but they broke other stuff and the monitor developed other faults. I sent it vack again. Fighting for a refund atm. I suggest you do the same. They fixed this problem in PG35VQ and PG27UQX.

Psycrow
Level 11
Wait for the PG27UQX it has lower fan noise

Well,

my pc is ultrasilent (watercooled, 350rpm fans, semipassiv PSU) under load.

Except for the monitor. Its making noises. After a while the fan goes up and down.

There is no solution. You can open your very expensive monitor by loosing warrenty and replace thermal grease or exchange the fans. The support told me that there is no smartfan control, but it keeps changing rpm.

HDR crashed (no connection) while tabbing from game to browser. gsync needed some time too.

It was silent but ofcourse it will make noise when 24/7 on and can't be cleaned. I put a power switch in outlet so it really is OFF