cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Crashfree BIOS 3

pkincy
Level 8
Has anybody ever used Crashfree BIOS 3 to recover a Mobo with a corrupted BIOS. It sounds wonderful but in my experience is about as worthwhile as capping a hen's teeth.

I think Tech Support feels the same way as they offered to RMA my mobo.

Mobo is a ROG Strix Z370-E

Supposedly loading the file in a USB drive and simply restarting the computer (with the monitor plugged into the Mobo not the graphics card) will make it happen.

But no go for me.
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Make sure the BIOS ROM file is named correctly on a freshly fat 32 formatted low density stick like under 8MB and its plugged into the correct USB port. Dont even need a CPU. Ive done it with a GPU installed. When when you are all set just turn the power on.

How did your BIOS crap the bed? Did it corrupt during a flash and power loss? If the ROM chip is toast all the flashing in the world wont do a thing.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Make sure the BIOS ROM file is named correctly on a freshly fat 32 formatted low density stick like under 8MB and its plugged into the correct USB port. Dont even need a CPU. Ive done it with a GPU installed. When when you are all set just turn the power on.

How did your BIOS crap the bed? Did it corrupt during a flash and power loss? If the ROM chip is toast all the flashing in the world wont do a thing.

Greetings,

The Mainboard, was running great. I was just building a new one system using my NEW ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING, with a Intel i7 8700K 3.7GHz, 2x8G TeamGroup NightHawk 3600 MHz, a crucial 500GB SSD Disk in M2_1 socket. Just installed windows10, no DVD drive installed, I used an USB with windows 10 MediaTool IOS building. When the Win10, finished (no activated, no key entered yet); suddently, when I Mount an iso image of the ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING support DVD include in the mainboard box, suddently, the resolution changes, no more image. I try to reboot to enter windows self boot to change resolution, 2 attemps, it NEVER boot in that mode, then, NOTHING.

Now, no video at power up, no q-leds, I thinkg, something in Win10 conflicted with Support DVD software, and crash BIOS or MAINBOARD POST, I don't now. So, I will try use the CRASHFREE BIOS 3 feature; so, 1. n what SATA port I must plug the Optical Drive to boot from SUPPORT DVD; 2. In what USB port, must I put the FAT32 USB with the BIOS file (already renamed with the renamer software)??

Thanks in advance. Please help!!!!

The system BEFORE the problem occurs, processor Intel i7 8700k running at 35-36 ºC (not installed my graphic card yet :ASUS ROG STRIX RADEON RX570 OC 8GB GDDR5)
ImageImage