Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Same happened with me today. Bios update was installed on my GL703GE by itself, after that notebook had 3x bootloop. I was super spooked after this happened . Hopefully everything works fine after that. I also checked Windows Update history and found what asustek computer inc. - Firmware - 10.0.16299.316 was installed .
    Any suggestions how to prevent this? Thanks

New ROGer Array

Guys.

I also have this problem. Windows is installing the firmware update (BIOS) on my laptop by itself.
    I have a SCAR III G731GW and windows keeps installing the 307 ver BIOS. Problem is that with this BIOS i get a lot of BSOD's. Sometimes very often. If I manually roll back to the previous BIOS 306, everything works just fine until the next restart when the BIOS updates by itself to the newest version 307.
    I tried to disable automatic windows updates via group policy, but no luck. Windows keeps pushing firmware update like crazy.

I am still mesmerized about how bad the Asus software is. Really they have 0 quality control.

Any ideea? how to avoid the BIOS updating

Thanks.

ROG Member Array

I had the same thing happen with my Asus Zephyrus GX701GWR. Windows update wanted a restart to install something so I obliged... I was pretty surprised when it went into EZ flash and upgraded the bios.

Problem is, it bricked my GPU by corrupting the registry with a host controller or something like that. I had to reset windows completely to get my GPU back. After the reset, the bios is still the new 306 version and it sucks. The fans will randomly cut out for 10 seconds and then kick back in.

If I can't flash it back and get it working properly again, I'm going to just RMA this piece of crap. Starting to really regret buying Asus this time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3