New ROGer Array

Battery drain in hibernate on Windows 10

GL730-GE (2018)
    Bios 314

When this computer is put to hibernate on windows 10, battery drains 10% per day, while it should not drain at all, well at least the same as if it was shut down. When it is shut down, the battery does not drain. I've tried all possible suggestions from internet, but none of them worked. I opened a ticket on asus support, but i got an unintelligent google translated response to my language from the asus support agent,ivan_t, which had nothing to do with the ticket i reported. I would like this to be solved, how to proceed?

Thanks

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by misterti View Post
    GL730-GE (2018)
    Bios 314

When this computer is put to hibernate on windows 10, battery drains 10% per day, while it should not drain at all, well at least the same as if it was shut down. When it is shut down, the battery does not drain. I've tried all possible suggestions from internet, but none of them worked. I opened a ticket on asus support, but i got an unintelligent google translated response to my language from the asus support agent,ivan_t, which had nothing to do with the ticket i reported. I would like this to be solved, how to proceed?

Thanks
    you might think you hibernate but in fact you sleep-to-ram...
    you need to run powercfg diagnostic to understand the cause for the power leak during suspend, and which suspend level your lap uses.
    google for "powercfg diagnostic"...

New ROGer Array

thanks for the pointers, i checked the sleep study files as follows:
    the sleep-study-report says the computer was put to hibernate, with targetstate/effectivestate 5, for which i haven't found any explanation what it means, battery drain has no info at that time, but i see on the graph on top of the report that the battery has drained 5% in 10 hours. Hiberfil.sys is created and is very large, so i guess ram is written to disk. I suspect that bios is at fault here and doesn't turn off all devices after hibernate is reported from the OS.