Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Enthusiast Array BlackhatEspeed PC Specs
    BlackhatEspeed PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Rampage VI APEX
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9820X
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 3200
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080
    Sound CardSupreme FX
    MonitorLG 4K Monitor
    Storage #1VROC RAID 0 - 2 X Intel 760P 512GB
    Storage #2PCH RAID 0 - 2 X Intel 760P 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80i V2
    CaseCooler Master Storm Trooper
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 80+ TITANIUM, 1600W Power Supply
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G700S
    Headset Logitech G933
    Mouse Pad Corsair Full Size Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers Samsung 5.1 Surround Sound THX System
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk AC3200 Router
    Accessory #1 Steam Controller
    Accessory #2 Thrustmaster Warthog With Combat Rudder Pedals
    Accessory #3 UPEK Bio-metric Login

Quote Originally Posted by kathampy View Post
    Does non-bootable non-Intel RAID 0 work without a key outside trial mode in RST? I assume the array must be created in RST and cannot be created from UEFI. I'm skeptical of such reports as they could be running in trial mode.

Disk Manager Striped Volumes don't support TRIM. Storage Spaces does.
    RAID 0 works, but everything else requires the key, and honestly the key is so cheap it seems that this was a standard implementation for server hardware and they just left it on the board because it would have cost more to delete the option from the server framework.. and as far as servers are concerned VROC is .....

GOD LIKE.
    MB: ASUS Rampage VI Apex
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900X 10 Core OCed 4.5GHZ
    RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR4-3600
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 80+ TITANIUM, 1600W Power Supply
    GFX: Zotac 1080 Ti 11GB Mini
    VROC: 2 x Intel 7600Ps 512GB
    PCH: 2 x Intel 7600Ps 512GB
    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
    MON: Acer Predator X34P 34" Curved Gaming Monitor 120HZ
    CASE: Cooler Master Storm Trooper (Window)
    LCS: Corsair H115I RGB Platinum 280MM

ROG Enthusiast Array

I created a non-boot non-Intel RAID 0 array in VROC on a secondary OS in a dual boot system and the VROC application went into trial mode. On the primary OS, the array works and the VROC application is not in trial mode. I wonder if the array will be disabled on the primary OS after 90 days anyway or if boot into the secondary OS after 90 days. The UEFI says the array is Incompatible.

My boot drive is an Optane 900p and the VROC array is 4x Inland Premium (Phison E12S) 2 TB. I have a Seagate IronWolf Pro 10 TB accelerated with another Optane 900p as Optane Memory which acts as a backup for the VROC array which I suspect can disappear at any moment.
    Last edited by kathampy; 12-03-2019 at 06:44 PM.

ROG Member Array Jahmen PC Specs
    Jahmen PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G75VW
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore x299
    Processori9-10920x 3.5GHz
    Memory (part number)64 GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS DUAL Ge Force RTX 2080 Ti DirectX 12 DUAL -RTX2080TI-O11G
    MonitorASUS ProArt x3
    Storage #1M.2 1TB SSD
    Storage #2M.2 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerDEEP COOL Castle 360EX
    CaseCorsair Graphite 780T (White)
    Power SupplyCORSAIR HXi Series, HX1200i, 1200 Watt, 80+ Platinum Certified,
    Keyboard Logitech G-15
    Mouse Logitech Trackball
    Headset Corsair Gamer Headset
    Mouse Pad None
    Headset/Speakers Corsair Handsfree Head set
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterAT&T-Uverse
    Accessory #1 ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Card V@
    Accessory #2 X4 Intel Pro 7600p M.2 2280 256GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal SSD

ASUS VROC & INTEL Support

Quote Originally Posted by knotted View Post
    Thanks, restsugavan. I am somewhat disappointed with VROC. It has great potential but Intel doesn't seem to support it well. Maybe it is still too new. I would love some more lanes on the CPU too. Will check out Cascade Lake.
    I had tried to get intel support with my ASUS VROC Hardware Key VROCISSDMOD to set up a RAID 10 on CPU. Intel says that ASUS should have the support driver & application files for the key to work, along with their own product support RAID setup steps. All of my efforts indicate that ASUS and Intel both have very little support for the VROC HD key RAID. Intel had no current component compatibility lists for x299 boards or i9-10900 series CPUs. technolgyhttps://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m..._EM_V4_WEB.pdf

Intel doesn't support 3 part hardware and that ASUS products are made with their own variety of configurations. Searched through the ASUS web Downloads and couldn't find anything for their VROC key.
    At least the Intel Web download had the RSTe and VROC files.

I have a support ticket with ASUS that has been cycling with one support service ticket generating another promising 24 to 48 hours solution that never comes. I mostly get new email support service no. promising help. Or I get help links I already have gotten before. What Steps I do get are incomplete and fail to address all the RAID steps.

Intel gave me their RAID GUIDE for a server set up VROC HD key. It had the RSTe driver & application files for the BIOS and Windows installation. But I'm not doing a Server. I just wanted the RAID on CPU with Hyper M.2 Card which requires the Intel's 7600p series M.2 SSD or better with the Key to work. That's made very clear in the ASUS Motherboard RAID Configuration Guide. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...tion-Guide.pdf
    Last edited by Jahmen; 02-08-2020 at 02:24 PM.
    Go do crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jahmen View Post
    I had tried to get intel support with my ASUS VROC Hardware Key VROCISSDMOD to set up a RAID 10 on CPU. Intel says that ASUS should have the support driver & application files for the key to work, along with their own product support RAID setup steps. All of my efforts indicate that ASUS and Intel both have very little support for the VROC HD key RAID. Intel had no current component compatibility lists for x299 boards or i9-10900 series CPUs. technolgyhttps://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m..._EM_V4_WEB.pdf

Intel doesn't support 3 part hardware and that ASUS products are made with their own variety of configurations. Searched through the ASUS web Downloads and couldn't find anything for their VROC key.
    At least the Intel Web download had the RSTe and VROC files.

I have a support ticket with ASUS that has been cycling with one support service ticket generating another promising 24 to 48 hours solution that never comes. I mostly get new email support service no. promising help. Or I get help links I already have gotten before. What Steps I do get are incomplete and fail to address all the RAID steps.

Intel gave me their RAID GUIDE for a server set up VROC HD key. It had the RSTe driver & application files for the BIOS and Windows installation. But I'm not doing a Server. I just wanted the RAID on CPU with Hyper M.2 Card which requires the Intel's 7600p series M.2 SSD or better with the Key to work. That's made very clear in the ASUS Motherboard RAID Configuration Guide. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...tion-Guide.pdf
    Just install the VROC drivers from Intel and the VROC application from the Microsoft Store. If you've plugged in the VROCISSDMOD key, the VROC application will not go into trial mode and you can create the array there. After that the array should be detected in the BIOS if the key is plugged in.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

They go back and forth and neither will take responsibility nor provide the drivers. Look on winraid for the F6 drivers VROC.*
    I ran it for awhile and ditched it. *OK for sequential reads and writes if you use it for storage on a media creation platform. As for using it as an OS drive the latency kills it. Q14K speeds will drop to that of a single Samsung drive. Running the OS is mostly a lot of the tiny little dll files where the single intel 900P amd 905P shines. When I was running it boot times were horrendous as in push the power button and go get a cup of coffee and maybe by the time you get back it’s at login. Single Optane drive is less than 5 seconds past post. You see the ROG, then it’s gone then once it comes back post is over and the circle of dots is gone in a matter of a few seconds.*

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5